End of Day One !! News Update !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of Day One !! News Update !!

Well gang, in an hour or two our new home will have been on-line for approximately 24 hrs... So far so good, a few hiccups and glitches here and there, but overall we are really progressing rapidly.

Let me make a few quick points, and clear up some confusion about the new Forums, but first let me make a HUGE shout-out to our guy Sirex for working his fingers down to the bone the last few weeks !!

Now let's chat:

Avatars: You can use any of the Avatars we have here and we have over 1,500 available, you simply cannot upload your own *CUSTOM* avatar unless you are a subscriber. Click on "User Control Panel" then click on "Edit Avatar" and pick one you like there are a zillion categories. I was probably confusing about the fact that you can use Avatars, just not Custom uploaded ones, so my bad there.

Signatures: I may relent at some point and give registered users back signatures, but the ones registered users get will most likely be limited in size compared to the ones the subscribers can have.

Style sheets: I had intended to give the registered users essentially the same style sheets you had available in the old Forums, namely the Default, a Black one, and a Grey one. Major Death did a fantastic job with all our graphics. And he made several more nice style sheets (beyond the default 3) and we will definitely be adding new style sheets in the future. (I have next on my list a style sheet mainly targeted at the ladies.) So to summarize, everyone has similar to what they had before with respect to style sheets, but for additional ones and other new ones in the future, you will need to be a subscriber.

Subscription types: I added quarterly and semi-annual options for subscribers to ease the pain of that one lump payment. You get a slight discount for annual over semi, and semi over qtly.

Editing your own posts: in the new Forums everyone *CAN* edit their own posts for 20 minutes after you make it, after 20 mins the edit button magically disappears. Subscribers can edit their own posts for as long as the post hangs around. In the old Forums only Admins and moderators could edit posts, with the exception of when I put up a new Forum section and forgot to remove editing capability.

Take care gang, and stay tuned we are still working, tweaking and polishing the site !! It will only continue to get better !!

-- Cain

Congratulations on the successful move Cain! I've been away for a while (busy trying to get a new business up and running..) and just stuck my nose in to see what was going on.

Quite a change!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
      by Apache Warrior
      6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
    • Reply to 6 years
      by Sirex
      I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
      Just hit 2.5K miles...
      5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
    • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
      by Sirex
      Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
      5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
    • Reply to Hell Let Loose
      by Sirex
      Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
      5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
      by Sirex
      Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
      5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
    Working...
    X