Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit either track front or back....2 AT rockets or 1 Tow/HJ8. I don't aim anywhere else unless I have no choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Using advice from a poster in my thread.

This is for you jet noobs out there.

I figured that we start a thread where we ask for or we give tips on how to play.

Some people have trouble with certain classes or vehicles and would like to get better.

Me for instance, I am a superb dogfighter, but i suck at bombing.

I am a great special ops, but i suck at using a tank. There are little things you pick up without realizing it that makes each class, each vehicle, and each map a bit different.

I'll start.

For you wannabe pilots out there, if you're having trouble shaking someone, go crazy.

Literally, go crazy. Start flying as psychotic you can. Do what joe did to me, go up high enough and bail. IF you get high enough it is hard to regain control of your aircraft. Sometimes you cant and you die. And the pilotw ill either fall to earth, bail out, or somehow regain control only to be owned by you manning a stinger site if you can find one.

Another tactic is fly as low and as nimble as you can. Hug the ground. Chances are someone is going to crash, especially if they are right on you. Pilots make mistakes alot. IF he's smart, he'll break off and go high, and then its just a matter of you turning around or hiding behind a mountain.

If you find yourself in a turning fight, stop turning and go in a different direction. Reverse your turn, go straight up, fly stright in front of you, loop and go backwards. A turning fight is a losing battle for both pilots.

If you manage to get behind someone, do. not. lose him. and you want to keep a medium distance from him. too close and your missiles will go right past him. too far off and you will lose him and your missiles wont be able to catch him. or he can turn into you and ram you. Keep about 3 plane lengths away from your enemy at the minimum.

my personal rule of thumb is, if i have him lit up for 3 seconds, he wont escape. the reason being is 3 seconds is all you need to lock on. if you get a lock on and he turns, he's still dead. turn with him. if he makes a sharp bank, do the same. if he goes up, go up.

If you find yourself being chased by missiles, pray you are far enough away from it. Then all you have to do is turn, go up, or go behind a mountain. you just want that missile to crash into something, or to overshoot you. Mind you, flares only work of the pilot hasnt shot missiles on your locked behind yet, or if he's had you locked for more than 3-5 seconds. Once he has a hard lock on you, that missile will go for you.

Comment

http://wiki.bf2s.com/

http://wiki.bf2s.com/tactical-guides
        We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

bringing this back from the grave.

duke for that. i never knew that. If i did i forgot about it from bf2142 and just getting it in the back was an instant kill

Comment

I forgot how to add {CLR} to your name. Sorry if this was answered somewhere else.

Comment

Go to the Documents/Battlefield 2/Profiles/Global.con file. Open it with Notepad. Edit the line that says GlobalSettings.setNamePrefix "" and put {CLR} between the quotation marks. Then save the file.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                by Apache Warrior
                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
              • Reply to 6 years
                by Sirex
                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                by Sirex
                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                by Sirex
                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                by Sirex
                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
              Working...
              X