X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill the other guy first.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

In other news, instant messaging someone via Steam Friends kicks them OUT of the damn game and to their desktop.

Doh ... Sorry, Darth ...
      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget
        In other news, instant messaging someone via Steam Friends kicks them OUT of the damn game and to their desktop.

Doh ... Sorry, Darth ...
        LOL thx for the tip!
        [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Yet another one ... at the start of the warmup round, if you are a medic, look for the Demo guys or Soldiers doing damage to themselves (from rocket jumps or too close to their 'nades) and heal them before the actual round starts.
          This gives you an early jump on an Uber powerup, at which point you rush the enemy capture/control point. Make sure to have two companions, such as an HWG and a soldier. Once you powerup, you can then trade off the Uber charge, which lasts for 10 full seconds, from one to the other heavy. Just point at the other guy and have him receive the balance of the Uber charge.
          The HWG will take lots of damage, but he already has plenty of hit points, so have the Soldier or Demo clear out any sentry guns that will only be a base sentry at that point, not an upgraded one, as this is a quick rush tactic designed to gain early control of the map.
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Hey question for you guys, in the stats it has an entry for "life leached." I thought it might mean you could steal life with the medic gun, but doesn't seem to do anything. Anybody know the downlow on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Gremlin_flg
              Hey question for you guys, in the stats it has an entry for "life leached." I thought it might mean you could steal life with the medic gun, but doesn't seem to do anything. Anybody know the downlow on this?
              I would guess getting healed as a spy by an enemy medic? not sure to be honest....
              Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

This deserve a sticky.

If you guys dont mind I will polish your tips so they stand out more

EDIT: will have to wait a bit for the edits, but could someone please sticky this?
                [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
                  Quick Setup and defense.

As an engineer, i learned a lovely trick that helps out greatly when you have a piss poor team.

During the "setup" time, First, run out, and deploy the box. instead of waitinf gor it to build, run to the nearest resupply area, or even ammo box, and pick it up. this will give you enough resources to drop a sentry. instead of hammering on it, head back to the resupply or ammo box, grab another set, make a quick pass by the hub, and you sould be able to get 1 level upgrade out of the sentry gun, all before 10 seconds of acutal game time has passed. some maps i can get both upgrades done before the maps start, all by simply running around. no one expects them do be done so soon, and it becomes a happy massacre!

Actually a really good variation on this theme is to know where on the map an ammo box spawns...not just the in base but out in the field. On maps that I know that theres an ammo powerup what I'll do the first thing as engy is as soon as I walk out of the start area is drop a port entrance. I then run to mid field where a ammo power up is and grab it. I can then build a dispenser. While thats building I can pick up more ammo and depending on whether we are on the offensive I would build a port exit or on the defensive build a SG next....

Comment

Not really tip related, but this will make you watch your screen more...

You know how the game always shows who killed you and gives you the chance to take a screenshot?

Well the other night, a soldier pretty much blew me into little chunks. When it showed who did it, on the floor next to him was part of a hand and above that was text that said, "Your hand" with an arrow pointing to it. I was laughing so hard I forgot to get a screenshot of it. Man... the more and more I play, the better it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Runaway_Jim
                      Not really tip related, but this will make you watch your screen more...

You know how the game always shows who killed you and gives you the chance to take a screenshot?

Well the other night, a soldier pretty much blew me into little chunks. When it showed who did it, on the floor next to him was part of a hand and above that was text that said, "Your hand" with an arrow pointing to it. I was laughing so hard I forgot to get a screenshot of it. Man... the more and more I play, the better it gets.
                      You mean like this?

More Bits!

'Nother tip: If you are playing spy, its sometimes good to bypass the enemy if you think your team can cap a control point and head straight for the next one. If they succeed, you can start capping the next one right away, and on some maps, like Dustbowl, you might even be able to get away with the back cap before the enemy can setup

Comment

This too!

Comment

Stickied and I will begin editing this during these next two days
                          [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

Cant find my SS.

Comment

I have a few medic-related tips.
                              • In a medic-heavy team. Shoot the medic first. The heavy is hard to kill as it is. Plus, they could possibly Uber at any moment.
                              • Medic is a support role, but it can also be an offensive role in that you can keep your teammates alive longer as they advance. This tactic is my favorite. I like running around trying not to die.
                              • Shoot from somewhere near cover so the medic can heal you from safety.
                              • I know everyone thinks they're supposed to "Uber" Heavies, but I've found that Uber-ing a soldier can be much more useful if your timing is good. He can take out sentries and heavies quicky, especially if there are other backing you up.

Comment

I uber'ed a Scout yesterday, who rather than cap the control point as I expected him to do, ran off in search of a few bad guys. If he had stood on the control point for even 5 seconds of the 10 allowed, we would have a much better chance of taking the point. If someone ubers you, know your role and get in there swinging.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X