Edit2: I will not be casting a vote.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Not sure
    0%

Good for the UK!

While I don't necessarily agree with the practice, I still think they should be given the same rights, if it makes them happy, then let them be!
    * Tuqui-tuqui hugs bliss
    <Tuqui> hmm .... nice and soft
    <bliss> ...
    * bliss` takes off his bunny suit

Comment

I figure let the Funkies get married. but the thing is.. if everyone is a Funkie, us Humans will die off. But good job for the UK.. 24 hr Bars, and gay marriage :arrow:

Comment

i say if you have to change the definition of a word to make sense out of it, you're just cheating.

gays should be limited to a certain percentile of the population.

they are pretty funny though.

Comment

great sig goat!

Comment

I just read through that article again as i only quickly scanned through it last time and noticed this...

But a spokesman for the one of the UK's major Christian groups told the BBC they believed same-sex couples should not get the same rights as married couples.

"If you transport something unique, like marriage, into a different context, there's always a cost. And the cost here is in terms of reduction of marriage and the undermining of it," Don Horrocks of the Evangelical Alliance said.

I don't want to start a flamming session but this is why i can't stand religion and am 100% athiest. The christian church needs to wake up and get its head out of the dark ages. Love is love no matter what sex or type of relationship you are in.

Edit: damn that quote has actually made me quite angry.... i better go play ons

Comment

lol, hundreds of couples. how many people live in britain? all this for a few hundred people.

Comment

Originally posted by [bondage
                ]lol, hundreds of couples. how many people live in britain? all this for a few hundred people.
                So the minority should be overlooked?

Meg Munn, minister for equality, said the government expected 4,500 couples to get "partnered" in the first year.

Comment

Minority has nothing to do with it. If that was the case then take the violent gangs out there who are a minority of the population and give them the right to continue what they do without restriction. You had better expect they'd grow out of control and effect society in a very bad way. Also don't expect that since you don't see effects of allowing these things to happen in the short term that they won't hurt anything. Might these decisions be leading to someting worse from the past that we haven't learned from? Just look at this site and read close under Moral Decay:

http://www.leaderu.com/common/nationsdie.html

Morals are sure important, and what are morals? Where do they come from/what are they based on? If we know what they are based on then why not follow that that has made this country and made it prosperous?

(Flame on!)

Comment

I don't want to flame anyone, that wasn't the point of this thread. But i must admit i haven't seen one 100% positive remark made which to me is kinda scary considering this is a "modern world" What is it exactly people have against same sex relationship and marriages? It's not doing anybody any harm.

Edit: So giving the gay society the same pleasure of straight people would be as bad as letting violent gangs do what they please? I seriously doubt that it would have anywhere near the same effect

Comment

mine was 100% positive!!

Comment

Originally posted by peach
                        mine was 100% positive!!
                        Hehe yes it was peach

Comment

omg, the poll results look like "the middle finger",lmao

Comment

Originally posted by johnnie
                            omg, the poll results look like "the middle finger",lmao

Comment

This is a touchy subject that has very deep rooted history. Its going to take a few generations before complete acceptance is viable. It has driven a fairly dividing line here in Canada in the political scene. Its going to be interesting to see what happens.

Personally, I don't really care but its not just love that is at stake here. But hey, I have been with the same woman for 22 years and have a 16 year old and we are still not married in the "traditional" sense. I don't see how a piece of paper changes anything.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X