It's about time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slug{CLR}
    This is a touchy subject that has very deep rooted history. Its going to take a few generations before complete acceptance is viable. It has driven a fairly dividing line here in Canada in the political scene. Its going to be interesting to see what happens.

Personally, I don't really care but its not just love that is at stake here. But hey, I have been with the same woman for 22 years and have a 16 year old and we are still not married in the "traditional" sense. I don't see how a piece of paper changes anything.
    I'm like you then slug. Looks like it does seem that we here over in the UK people are not as divided as some parts of the world like you say Slug. Sorry if i've caused offence to anybody with this thread it was supposed to be a happy post.

Comment

I don't see how a piece of paper changes anything.
      taxes

Comment

Originally posted by DaNIGHT
        taxes
        Benefits, for those places still too backwards to recognize civil union/"common law" marriages/domestic partners sort of arrangements

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
          Originally posted by DaNIGHT
          taxes
          Benefits, for those places still too backwards to recognize civil union/"common law" marriages/domestic partners sort of arrangements

-Rand
          In Canada, there no real differences (that I am aware of) in the tax department betwen common-law and legally married so no benefit there.

I am considering it because it makes it easier for my kid should anything happen to me and the wife, however, a proper will takes care of that as well.

Comment

I think you should be able to marry who ever you love...be it a guy/girl/goat/...

Comment

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:20 am Post subject:
              I think you should be able to marry who ever you love...be it a guy/girl/goat/...
              Gee, thanks!
              * Tuqui-tuqui hugs bliss
              <Tuqui> hmm .... nice and soft
              <bliss> ...
              * bliss` takes off his bunny suit

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyoldgoat
                PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:20 am Post subject:
                Gee, thanks!
                lol thaz was funny tha make me laugh.... about marriage of same sex, im not down with it but if tha what makes them happy. i guess is not harmful. but dont show ur expression of love newhere u are, cuz i dont want to see tha
                Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

I'm going to personally go with a yes... even though i don't like the idea of marriage and will probably never do it (at least not in a church)...

but hey, if you're gay and believe in marriage, go for it.

Comment

i hit up a yes also. anyway you look at it, its discrimination against people. the sanctity of marriage got killed when 50% of american marriages end in divorce. If a gay couple can love each other and stay together, awesome! and if they can adopt kids (which would be cool because our adoption system is getting full) and raise those kids in a nurturing, loving environment, who could say no to that?

I feel like this is reminiscent of Interracial Marriage and how people freaked out about it, but in time we'll get used to it and itll be made "legal". And just fyi, dont argue that this will lead to humans marrying dogs....thats stupid. :arrow:

Comment

". And just fyi, dont argue that this will lead to humans marrying dogs....thats stupid.
                      Well, if a guy can go out to the pasture and marry his horse (which has happened) than why should we be able to prevent something like this?

It's tragic that it hasn't happened sooner...
                      * Tuqui-tuqui hugs bliss
                      <Tuqui> hmm .... nice and soft
                      <bliss> ...
                      * bliss` takes off his bunny suit

Comment

dog marriage? i thought the hole Consent thing had something to do with it, id be happy if you got me an article about a man marrying a horse, cuz it sounds interesting to read

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyoldgoat
                          Good for the UK!

While I don't necessarily agree with the practice, I still think they should be given the same rights, if it makes them happy, then let them be!
                          I guess I am just "old fashion" I am not a "bible thumper", if you will, but I believe "marriage" should be for a man and a women. I am not against gay couples. I have several friends here in the valley who are gay men. As far as the same rights, gay couples already have the same rights, at least here in the states they do.

Gay couples are held to "ALL" the same laws in a relationship that straight couples are held to. They just do not have a "marriage license"

Comment

one proposal i heard was to make all "marrages" into civil unions, then if you wanted to get married, you could also do that. civil union would be allowed to gay and strait people and it would entail all the legal things, everything the government was concerned with, while marrage would be the religous aspect of it. that way you could get married and not have the legal aspects, a civil union and not have the religous aspects, or both. interesting idea.
                            [img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/__alpha__/ut3-4.png[/img]

Comment

Well I guess I'm a little liberal compared to some people but I'm all for it. A gay couple lived next to my house as I grew up and we were brought up to accept it as it was. My policy is I don't really care. Being homosexual is still means being a minority so I wouldn't ever think to say "We're going to die off!" or anything like that, that's just not true.

As for having the same rights, I still don't think that's true. By law they do but if a gay couple were to do many things a straight couple were to do they wouldn't really be accepted. I personally have never seen two guys making out in the middle of public (i can't go as far as two girls ) but if they did I can only see so many people causing a ruckus about it corrupting children or something. It's just a way of life and you can't stop a person from loving another. If a guy loves a guy in that way then all the more power to them and same goes for women.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach
                                Well I guess I'm a little liberal compared to some people but I'm all for it. A gay couple lived next to my house as I grew up and we were brought up to accept it as it was. My policy is I don't really care. Being homosexual is still means being a minority so I wouldn't ever think to say "We're going to die off!" or anything like that, that's just not true.

As for having the same rights, I still don't think that's true. By law they do but if a gay couple were to do many things a straight couple were to do they wouldn't really be accepted. I personally have never seen two guys making out in the middle of public (i can't go as far as two girls ) but if they did I can only see so many people causing a ruckus about it corrupting children or something. It's just a way of life and you can't stop a person from loving another. If a guy loves a guy in that way then all the more power to them and same goes for women.
                                That is so well put :arrow: :arrow:

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X