ET:QW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ET:QW

I found this game interesting and fun, but I can see how it sucked. I was playing single player, and I don't think they give you enough time to complete the mission, but I guess you can't be a noob. Anyways, any reasons you guys didn't like it?

It sucks... I wanted to like it...

:P

Comment

Originally posted by Cain

:P
      +1
      [IMG]http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/chris2118/battlefield_3copy.jpg[/IMG]
      X...Noob Slasher...X

Comment

Cain wrote:
        +2

Comment

+3.141592653589793238462643383279

yes from memory
          [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
          You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

why is this in the bf2142 forum?

Comment

Probably because ET:QW tried to rip off 2142 in almost every way. Maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Clear Black
                Probably because ET:QW tried to rip off 2142 in almost every way. Maybe?
                Well, ET:QW development predates 2142 by a year or so. So I'd say there might have been a bit of ripping off, but it was probably the other way around. Not that ET:QW does things better mind you, but they just took too long to market. Plus the feel of the game is wonky at best, and downright abysmal at worst.

Nothing wrong with liking it. It has its charms and it fills a hardcore niche. Not a pub game though, unfortunately SD had their sights squarely on the clan crowd in making this game. Which is fine, but that generally means its not a good candidate for a Cain's Lair Server.

And as Cain and others said, I really wanted to like this game as well. Oh well. At least 2142 was fun and TF2 rocks hard

Comment

I was so looking forward to this one that I preregistered and reserved a screen name. But after playing the demo online and in single player mode I think that Gamestop just got a free $5. I can't see chipping in the other $45 or $35. From the demo the sides don't seem balanced that well and I'm not a big fan of twitch reflex games. Judging from the fact that there are over 900 demo servers and almost none have anyone plaing on them this may not be the only forum where "sucked" is flying around. It did run great on my system (better than 2142 does).

And I think this thread should be here because this was supposed to be the game that stole lots of players away from 2142. I don't think that will be the case for long though. I would tell people to save their money.

Comment

A great disappointment...

Comment

Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar
                      +1

Will skip this one. BF2 Pirates and BF2142 First Strike will do till November.
                      Then its Crysis and UT2k7...
                      Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu
                        Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar
                        +1

Will skip this one. BF2 Pirates and BF2142 First Strike will do till November.
                        Then its Crysis and UT2k7...
                        +1 Yarrrrr!

Comment

CarbonFire: My thoughts exactly.

I can't pin all the blame on one specific flaw of the game, but I just don't like the overall feel of it. I can't seem to get by all of its quirks and actually enjoy the game...

Comment

has the game been released already??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                              by Apache Warrior
                              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                            • Reply to 6 years
                              by Sirex
                              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                              Just hit 2.5K miles...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                              by Sirex
                              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                              by Sirex
                              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                              by Sirex
                              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                            Working...
                            X