favorite player class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

favorite player class?

so i was wondering which player class/es to like to play the most, i mostly go engineer cause i like building stuff, "sentry gun going up" . i also like going spy and sneaking behind enemy line undercover n backstabing people.

so which one is your favorites??
    Engineer
    13.33%
    Spy
    6.67%
    Soldier
    20.00%
    Sniper
    0.00%
    Demoman
    10.00%
    Heavy
    10.00%
    Medic
    16.67%
    Pyro
    16.67%
    Scout
    6.67%
    Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Its hard, because different maps have different tactics, and you have to play to the maps strengths. On Well, you can have a very successful team and not have any sentries, but lots of Scouts and Soldiers. On Granary, Medic/Heavy combos own all. Gravel is a pretty good mix, as are 2Fort and Hydro.

Can I choose top 3?

Pyro
    Demoman
    Spy

Which surprised even me, because I'm normally a die-hard engineer in most games that I play, but in this game, these classes are much more interesting to me. Sneaking behind enemy lines as a Spy is a great thrill, and lighting people on fire is a riot and a half. Demoman is just all around awesome, plus hes the only class with the REAL ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound (battlement-to-battlement on 2Fort )

Least Favorites:

Heavy - being a lumbering big target is not my cup-o-tea
    Sniper - very one dimensional combat, sometimes good to fill a role, but as always, usually far too many snipers than we need a server.
    Maybe Soldier, though he can be a good pit fighting class as well. Just wish he wasn't Heavy-slow.

I'll play any role as the need arises, but those are my tops (and bottoms). I voted pyro in this poll because the 'ol hothead needs some voting love

Comment

Sheesh, favorite?!?

Well, I think I enjoy Sniper the least, as per usual for me. He can be effective, but not when I'm playing him!

ATM, I'll have to place Medic next to Sniper on the low list. He's invaluable, but almost totally a support player.

I guess if I had to pick a favorite at this point, I would concede that the Spy and Demoman are two of the most interesting for me right now. My vote will go with The Demoman on this one... for now

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
        Sniper - very one dimensional combat, sometimes good to fill a role, but as always, usually far too many snipers than we need a server.
        +1 - typically we have way to many snipers. I would be all for a 2 sniper limit.

I have a hard time deciding between, demo, engineer, soldier & pyro.

In TFC I was Medic 99% of the time, but in TF2 they are way to much of a target, and in my opinion, to weak to really fend for themselves. Having to switch between the healing gun, and the needle gun to protect yourself makes for hard combat. I liked in TFC were you could use the med kit to infect a enemy in a pinch, so you didn't have to switch to the nail gun. Give the medic a little more fire power and I would play it a lot again.
        A change of Pace.
        "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I'm loving the scout lately. flying across the map going 'BONK'.

Engineer and heavy are probably my 2 &3 choices respectively.

my mos DISLIKED would be Spy, soldier (i have 3 min played time, havent had time to feel out the class) and sniper.
          Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Good thread ! I tried Spy last night on the CL server just for the halibut, and lemme tell ya, like Darth said, its tough as hell to play as a beginner, but once you learn some tactics and strategy, I cannot get enough of that huge WHUUMMPPPP when you backstab someone.
            Wow, the headphones just bring out the nastiness of that stab, and blood goes flying, and your Spy says 'Drat, he bled on my suit' !! HAHAHA !!!
            I still have yet to sap a sentry, but I'll get there.

Favorite class so far .. hmmm .. depends on the day I post I think. I love Spy today, but I still prefer grunt work from the Engy class. I haven't determined the good spots for each buildable, but once I do I can make it more fun to play.
            I have yet to play Sniper, just too one dimensional to make a difference. Snipers on Hydro on the top can be a problem, but don't play it other than that map is my advice.
            Oddly enough, I started out playing as a soldier, as it requires less skill than the other classes and reminds me of the early Quake 1 days when everyone had an RL and sorta knew how to use it.
            I'm seeing maps won predominantly by HWG/Meds with an Uber charge going, so if you want to win rather than stat up, balance your HWG and Meds on your team.
            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I tried to like the sniper, but I don't like it as much as in 2142. It feels too much like sniping in counter-strike, which is awful. Also, I find snipers spend most of their time just shooting other snipers - it's too hard to shoot at other targets when a sniper can just quickly poke around a corner and headshot you.

That being said, I like all classes about the same. I just end up switching to whatever is lacking... if we need more defense at choke points I go demo, if we need to push harder I go scout.... etc.

Comment

Originally posted by L_Mo
                I tried to like the sniper, but I don't like it as much as in 2142. It feels too much like sniping in counter-strike, which is awful. Also, I find snipers spend most of their time just shooting other snipers - it's too hard to shoot at other targets when a sniper can just quickly poke around a corner and headshot you.

That being said, I like all classes about the same. I just end up switching to whatever is lacking... if we need more defense at choke points I go demo, if we need to push harder I go scout.... etc.
                Yeah, it's more similar to CS sniping than anything. Though it does have its place.....just not seemingly half the team being sniper when you're on offense

2Fort, Dustbowl Defense & Gravelpit Defense are all great opportunities for snipers to shine. Most of the other times, though, sniper is a bit of a fluff class when compared with most of the other frontline forces. Can be good in limited numbers, but too many can hamper your team.

Comment

I bounce between Engineer, Heavy, and Spy. If I'm not in much of a killing mood, I'll sometimes play Medic. Sentries and dispensers are always good, being a tank is pretty fun, and stabbing a fellow CLR in the back is always satisfying.

I kind of like the classes in TF2. I seem to have fun no matter which I play. I find sniping pretty hard and pointless though. I can't seem to get much killing done...

Comment

As some else pointed out, it's pretty much Sniper Vs Sniper. IMHO snipers don't contribute a great deal overall to the team, I know I'm going to get some heat from the snipers about that, but that is my perception from playing TFC for a LONG time. If there is 1 or 2 snipers max, then they help more, because they actually get to target something other than other snipers.
                    A change of Pace.
                    "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by paceman
                      If there is 1 or 2 snipers max, then they help more, because they actually get to target something other than other snipers.
                      Haha, I find that hard enough as it is.

I like sniping more in games like 2142, where you get the feel of being a sniper. You can hide in a corner, and calmly but quickly pick targets off with head shots. But in TF2, I usually see snipers on the ground in the field. It isn't what I consider "sniping" as much as it is running around with a powerful gun.

It doesn't help that no one ever stops moving in this game. Other than other (oblivious) snipers, the only things I can head-shot are Heavies who are spinning up their guns.

Comment

Scout

Comment

Wow this thread is from 2007

Though its funny to see what has changed and what hasnt. I still love Engineer, while i used to hate soldier now its in my top 3 probably.

Still hate spies though!
                          Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Roffe View Post
                            Scout
                            way to resurface a long dead page lol.

Comment

Not surprising that Medic is tied to the bottom of the fav's.
                              We are starting to see more people play Medic's, but for awhile, it took an act of Congress to get anyone else to play one.

When I have a good player to run with, medic is a blast.
                              It is really conditional though, as a poorly played toon defeats the purpose of main heals or ubers. Just because someone picks a heavy, doesn't mean I'll necessarily concentrate on them if they have no strategy or game sense. Nothing more embarrassing than getting killed by my wimpy Medic. Love that.

When I pick Sniper, I'm an Offensive Sniper. I choose to kill the Pyro's, Medic's, Heavies, etc, and other team snipers purely secondary. Too many snipers back up to where they are severely limited on what they can see and shoot at, which defeats the purpose IMO. You see Prong or Apache, and they are AT the front line, not 100 yards back, or they can see the front line to head shoot people. Nothing worse than having 4 snipers on your team, and all of them aiming at one little sliver of a tunnel corner, as that is all they can see from the back 40.

I do love my Pryo killer, the Soldier. 1-2 rockets, and pyro dies. Win Win. Standard Rocket launcher, AOE kills, long distance ability.

Have a Good medic, I'll gladly play Heavy. No engies? I'll take that. Lots of spies or the other team bunched up? Pyro be da MAN!!! Lots of Engie stuff to destroy or people hiding around corners? Demo be King.

Only toons I don't play much is Spy and Scout.
                              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X