Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ET:QW WHY did you hate it?

Last thread got a bunch of "it sucked".

I kinda really am interested in why you guys think it sucks so much. I'm actually thinking about getting it. It requires great teamwork, you need people to work as a team and protect you while you repair the MPC, the bridge, or hack the shield generator.

Remember you guys only played the beta!

I heard graphics sucked. When's the last time you guys played 2142? I think the graphics are AWESOME. Also, the superweapons are pretty sweet as well, especially the fact you can easily prevent them from happening with GREAT TEAMWORK.

The only valid reason I've heard SO FAR as why it sucked was from Jun, which was it was always one path. You HAD to hack the shield generator before moving in and completing the mission.

Compared to Bf2, I guess that can suck, especially if you're the offensive team and you're team is just wanting a bunch of kill, not completing the objectives. Also, I hated and still hate the fact 1 person in BF2 or 2142 can capture a flag, a whole base, and have a million people all of a sudden pop up at that area.

Anyways, any real reasons you guys hated it? I'm interested to see why.

i loved the beta. i might get it if it is cheap.

i think the concentration on objectives makes for a good battle.

Comment

Ok, first off, your last topic was moved to the ET:QW forum for a reason (by another admin). You should have picked up on that clue, but the point is that you're posting in the wrong forum and we're just going to keep moving them if you keep posting these same topics in the 2142 forum.

I hated ET:QW because:

1. No VOIP. Teamwork isn't good in this game--YOU CANNOT COORDINATE. Teamwork is impossible without a bunch of guys who have worked together in the past and sort of innately fall into the proper roles.

2. Hit boxes, weapon action, accuracy, rate of fire, weapon types--just about all of this suck. Hard.

3. There is nothing aside from Strogg drones and to a lesser extent the deployable arty that is the least bit unique and interesting. Everything, EVERYTHING else seems derivative. I went through the game thinking I've already played it a dozen different times.

4. Vehicles suck. They're either incredibly slow, don't handle well, fall down when plunked with machine guns, or drift through the air like wounded flying buffalo.

5. Did I mention no VOIP? How the hell can you have an online shooter in 2007 with 16-32 man teams without VOIP?

6. I don't really like linear play, especially in an online environment. Even in ONS, you usually have options in which nodes you can go after next. I absolutely hated primeval because it did not give me choice. I want choice in my attack routes. TF2 is often linear, but there is variety, and the action, look, and unique-ness factor is much better, making it a far better game.

7. Crashes. Only a beta, but for a game they delayed nearly a year, it should have been a hell of a lot more polished. Not only on the crashes aspect, but with the massive problems in something as simple as a hitbox on a character.

That's just off the top of my head after getting back late from a Rilo Kiley concert and really needing to crash.

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
        Ok, first off, your last topic was moved to the ET:QW forum for a reason (by another admin). You should have picked up on that clue, but the point is that you're posting in the wrong forum and we're just going to keep moving them if you keep posting these same topics in the 2142 forum.

-Rand

Well excuse me, sorry that I couldn't find the thread

You guys should tell the author of the post via PM if you move their thread, because I had no clue where the hell it was.

Comment

The game was a disappoint to those of us who have been waiting a long to see the turn out. Thankfully TF2 has turned out really good, too bad it has takin 7-8 years for it to finally be released.

Comment

What Rand said. Plus everything about the game just felt a little bit "off".
            [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
            [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

The game just sucked and that it

Comment

Vehicles and Weapons are among the worst I have seen in mp games.
                Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Another game to add to my list of over hyped doom 3 engine games that sucked. Yes its fun at first because its new. But doom 3 engine games have no longevity because they suck!
                  They should retire that old engine or take it out back and shoot it, because its done!

Comment

When I play games I usually only use VOIP about 10% of the time and only half of those times we actually say anything usefull or listen. Not so much the VOIP but the lack of a grouping that makes it not good.

Comment

Rand & Grisu summed it up pretty well.

No VOIP in a modern MP, TEAM oriented game is a killer.
                      Graphics seemed pretty bland.
                      Vehicles were awful.
                      Hit boxes were off.
                      Weapon damage was not very good.
                      Way to linear game play.

I wanted to love this game. It was one of the reasons for building a better PC, but sadly it just isn't for me.

Yay for TF2!
                      A change of Pace.
                      "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I still can't believe people are saying vehicles suck. I don't want to seem like a jackass, but I think it's you who sucks with the vehicle, because I've been kicking so much ass in those babies. The strogg seem to have a downside however. (Compared to GFD) Strogg weapons suck, and so do their vehicles (minus cyclops).

I especially love this game because it has almost no glitches, and it's still a beta!!!

They have fixed EVERY EA problem, ON A BETA.

No dolphin Diving, no easy knifing, no C4 hopping, no bunny hopping problems, very balanced when it comes down to it (strogg might be a bit weak, but more accurate, and have better technology to balance it).

Not to mention the maps are fair for both sides. Karkand was almost an always MEC win, and wake was ALWAYS a Chinese win, unless the Chinese team did nothing at all.

I really think you guys need to give it another chance, and if you haven't heard of it before, VENT and TS are free and easy to get, which is practically Voip and you aren't limited to a squad.

Comment

I'll tell you what I see what the full game is like when it tomomrow because my son {Clr}prey_for_Death want the game I'm going to buy him it and give it a test run.

Comment

Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
                            VENT and TS are free and easy to get, which is practically Voip and you aren't limited to a squad.
                            Whole point of in game VOIP is you dont have to find the info, find a pen, write it down, alt-tab out, type in the info, sign in, alt-tab back in, find you've been booted by an idle kicker.

If i had to do that every time i'd prefer not to have to and never use it.
                            which takes the fun out of it for me really.

Because I play to have laugh with my freinds not to go on and kill everyone and everything, even if its just 5 of them its still fun, most of you who play with me in 2142 will know the mad things I do can only work with VoIP and well doing all that milarky for voice is too much extra work just for a game.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                            ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I like squad based VOIP I think that is one of the best features of the BF games and may be the reason that I have more fun playing the Pirates2 mod over this game which I tried but would never drop any $ on.
                              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X