Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats better? video card war :)

Whats better ati or nvidia cards

Lets give examples. Like what card you have what cpu and how much ram and what fps you get on BF2?

Or say why you choose those video cards now.
    ex. i use to own a bleh but i got this one and it runs better.
    ATI
    0.00%
    NVIDIA
    100.00%

Nividia is better but I seem to have an ATI....

Comment

I go with ATI. They've served me well, I'll be getting an X800 or 850 for my upgrade to tide me over til my next system, and the bugs with Crossfire and other new stuff should be ironed out when I buy a new rig.

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I've had both, and I prefer the ATI. I think they are more responsive to changes needed in their drivers.
        A change of Pace.
        "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/.../x1900/bf2.htm

Comment

2048x1536 4aa High AF

That's insane.
            A change of Pace.
            "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

for lazy ppl:

Battlefield 2

Battlefield 2 as well as being one of the most annoying game to benchmark (due to its huge load and disconnect times) is also one of the nicest looking and most demanding engines on the market?and one of the most popular online games of the moment. If you want your FPS as high as possible and your kill rate the same, which card should you invest in?

1600x1200 4aa High AF

2048x1536 4aa High AF

The first thing worth commenting on in this test is that there seems to be a frame rate cap in BF2 (of 100fps) on our test system which the higher spec cards are now hitting. Therefore the 1600x1200 scores are limited to approx 90fps on average which skews those results. What it does mean though is this is another engine where the SLI/Crossfire cards can take advantage of higher levels/Quality AA with ease. Despite this limitation the X1900 Crossfire system pulls out a small victory, mainly because it's min fps remains very high at all times and doesn't drag down the average.

Using 2048x1536 with 4xAA and high AF we see that the FPS limit no longer has as large an effect on the results and the performance of each card is easy to see. As expected the X1900 Crossfire is a large margin ahead of the other cards and the XTX comes in second managing to outscore the X1800XT Crossfire by a reasonable amount.

Comment

Nvidia all the way, but only because of consistency. It's only since the 1900XT-X CF that ATi has managed to say "yea we have the faster card" in a long long time. Plus Nvidia drivers are better too, even if there is a slight hiccup in the lastest set

Comment

I used to be ATI all the way until I started using my Nvidia 6800 ultra go. I have no complaints.
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

ATi

Comment

Both are good if you know which cards to buy and which ones to leave aside.

Ati /1kxx)
                      - Overal better texture quality
                      - Can use HDR+ AA the SAME time
                      - Has the AVivo Chip
                      - Better Vista drivers (so MS stated)

Nvidia.
                      - Currently has nothing against it^^.
                      - Nvidia has the better markteing.
                      - Nvidia spends more money to make devs optimise the their games for NV cards.
                      - Cards may get some fps more here and there, but for slightly poorer video quality.

So at the moment Ati has the "crown".

I had cards from both manufactures.
                      I changed a brand new 6800gt against a x850xt-pe.
                      And wow... the difference was visible (better)!

P.S.:
                      If you want to try another form of cardwar.
                      Try out the memory game from: www.cardwar.de.vu and let me know what you think...
                      Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Nora beats both so.. thats that problem solved :arrow:

-Bar

Comment

Great Thread, BTW.

It depends on the game....

For BF2 or UT - nVidia, the developers lean their way.

For HL2 - ATI, the developer leaned their way.

Most of the people who cannot play BF2 at all, have ATI Cards.

Comment

i like both, but its whatever is cheaper at the time of purchase

Comment

For those of us who run all sorts of multi media, the ATI All-In-Wonder Cards have always served me best by providing well above average gaming and OUTSTANDING Multi-Media.

I guess as with any of these debates, it all depends on what your doing or playing.

I find ATI to have the best overall mix for my needs

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X