predict what games will need in 07 and 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

predict what games will need in 07 and 08

how much ram do you think games will use and what kinda cpus?
    This is just for debate and not based on facts. Lets just guess by looking at trends.

Like i know sony is working on a blu-ray drive already for the vio systems.
    alienware offers systems upto 8 gigs of ram
    there is already 4 videocards

lets add a vote to get the topic going....
    new pyshics chips
    0%
    4 videocard
    0%
    4-8 gigs ram
    0%
    quad core cpu's
    0%
    blu-ray drives for amount of game data
    0%
    e-machines 4tw :)
    0%
    all of the above
    0%

picked physics card because honestly i dont think games will need any of that other stuff...

4-8 gigs of ram? most games dont need more than 1 except maybe battlefield 2 for loading maps and mmorpgs when you have a million people on the screen.

4 cpus? do games even take advantage of 2 yet

blue ray disks? why do they matter since my games are held on my hard drive oh maybe i can install the games faster with less disks... i dunno im not impressed with them yet

4 video cards? are people having problems just using 1 top of the line card right now? nope didnt think so

i dont see much changing in 1 year.. maybe 5 years down the line all this fancy stuff will matter but not 1 in my opinion

Comment

physics card for sure, emachines sux, 4 gigs, mabey by the end of 08 it wouldn't surprise me by then, 4 cpus no, but a single CPU will be more powerfull than or close to 4 CPUs of today, blue ray will be in some top of the line machines, but it won't be at all nessesary for gaming, 4 video cards, no, but they might start modifying the current ones to have dualcore, addable video ram, and they of course will get much better
      [img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/__alpha__/ut3-4.png[/img]

Comment

Well I can rule out a couple of those right here. For one I know they won't be using 4 quad cpus, I have a dual core cpu and it's not utalized at all in games, now I didn't buy it for games but other, more supported reasons. Like map rendering and video rendering. As far as quad video cards that's just dumb, if you're going to spend money on video usually there is a single or double card alternative that is faster. They had quad 7800gtx out now but that's just rediculous overkill becuase you can buy 2 x 7800gtx for cheaper not to mention there are no games that really can't be run at highest with only one. When new games start coming out like Crysis nvidia will have their 8 series out which will have DX10 Support and I know ati will have something out by then too. So instead of quad cards, I think you'll just need 1 and maybe two if you've got alot of money DX10 supported cards. As far as the physics cards go, I want to see how they pan out as far as support and get some real 3rd party reviews before I make any decisions on those. And blu-ray, I can't even get games with DVD yet, I think they're going to stick with dvd for awhile just because dvd readers were out for a LONG time before they actually started releasing games on dvd. That's my two cents.

Comment

It's gotta be RAM. With the average for most games currently at 2gb due to all the texture and details this will surely go up steadily over the next year or so.

The other's could well be needed but only if the market for them takes off.

Comment

Hmmm...it all depends on the Game Settings and if you want it to run smooth.

For all the eye candy to run at very high rez you will need Dual Core/SLI (high end cards) and probably 2GB of PC800 DDR2 ram. Not sure on the physics chip as we have no basis yet on the gains it provides.

For the budget system I still think Single CPU/Vid Card combos will be good enough w/lower resolutions and some eye candy. Probably will still need at least A64 3700+/P4 3.2Ghz and 7900 GT/ X1900 range of vid cards.

UT2007 will probably be one the first games out to take advantage of all the new toys at once.

Comment

A BIGGER POWER SUPPLY!...at the rate we use power hungry parts...
              think: fx-60 + 2 x 7800GTX+ plus EVERYTHING else you could possibly put in a computer= a LOt of powr

Comment

None of the above!
                Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

a coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave. dont forget cup holder

Comment

Anyone remember Wrenis Pinkle? He used to have a cigarette lighter on his computer.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                      by Apache Warrior
                      6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                    • Reply to 6 years
                      by Sirex
                      I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                      Just hit 2.5K miles...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                    • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                      by Sirex
                      Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                    • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                      by Sirex
                      Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                      by Sirex
                      Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                    Working...
                    X