Saving Private Rico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Private Rico

For the last couple days I've been going back to 2142 instead of cod4 and even with flaws I remember why I (at least) love this game.

Today I was playing a Sidi map, in a pretty banged up apc trying to cap silo 5. I had switched to the gunner position to use the mortors to defend myelf when I see a gunship bearing down on me. Since I'm rusty I don't think to switch back to driver and hit the shields but instead take my best aim and send 3 mortor rounds at him and I think there's no way I'm winning this fight. Suddenly he explodes and I think I got him when it dawns on me I didn't get credit for kill. Just then the gunship from my team (who gunned him down from behind) flies right through the smoke and debris, passes right overhead and banks away. It was just like the scene in Saving Private Ryan when Tom Hanks is blazing away at a German Tiger tank with a pistol and a plane kills it from behind. Cod4 is a cool game but you just don't get stuff like that there.

Moments, you gotta love em.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
      For the last couple days I've been going back to 2142 instead of cod4 and even with flaws I remember why I (at least) love this game.

Today I was playing a Sidi map, in a pretty banged up apc trying to cap silo 5. I had switched to the gunner position to use the mortors to defend myelf when I see a gunship bearing down on me. Since I'm rusty I don't think to switch back to driver and hit the shields but instead take my best aim and send 3 mortor rounds at him and I think there's no way I'm winning this fight. Suddenly he explodes and I think I got him when it dawns on me I didn't get credit for kill. Just then the gunship from my team (who gunned him down from behind) flies right through the smoke and debris, passes right overhead and banks away. It was just like the scene in Saving Private Ryan when Tom Hanks is blazing away at a German Tiger tank with a pistol and a plane kills it from behind. Cod4 is a cool game but you just don't get stuff like that there.
      Would have been cooler if my Nekomata flew through the air and landed on that gunship. Hey anything's possible.
      [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

There's something about bf2142 that still attracts me much much more than COD4...

Oh wait - its not something, maybe its all the vehicles, customization, helis, transports, and emphasis on team work
        [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
        You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre View Post
          Would have been cooler if my Nekomata flew through the air and landed on that gunship. Hey anything's possible.
          Now if I could fly a Nekomata, I would ram gunships.
          That would be awesome.
          You would probably survive, you have a lot more armor.

Comment

maybe you could try the gta thing. Just put in your low gravity cheat and just keep shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSnake View Post
              Now if I could fly a Nekomata, I would ram gunships.
              That would be awesome.
              You would probably survive, you have a lot more armor.
              In the ole days of 2142 I rammed plenty of gunships and transports with the nekomata. Suez canal had plenty of spots where you could catch a little air. I believe it was silo 3(with the small bridge) where I got most of my victims that landed or were landing to cap a silo. And yes it did barely any damage to the tank.
              [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre View Post
                In the ole days of 2142 I rammed plenty of gunships and transports with the nekomata. Suez canal had plenty of spots where you could catch a little air. I believe it was silo 3(with the small bridge) where I got most of my victims that landed or were landing to cap a silo. And yes it did barely any damage to the tank.
                Transport Of Doom,Transport Of Doom, Transport Of Doom, Transport Of Doom, Transport Of Doom.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd98 View Post
                  Transport Of Doom,Transport Of Doom, Transport Of Doom, Transport Of Doom, Transport Of Doom.
                  Yer I rember the Transport Of Doom So well I think I may have a return Back to BF2142 Tomomrow when I have more time to play

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                  Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                    by Apache Warrior
                    6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                  • Reply to 6 years
                    by Sirex
                    I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                    Just hit 2.5K miles...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                    by Sirex
                    Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                  • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                    by Sirex
                    Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                  • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                    by Sirex
                    Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                  Working...
                  X