Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia PhysiX might crash you UT3 too!

Hi!

Just to inform you, the latest NV driver has killed my UT3 Version...

So make a backup before you try using it!

Grisu
    Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Killed ??? As in .... more details !! I downloaded the new Physx driver this AM, but haven't gotten around to loading it.

I don't wanna lose my UT3 campaign saves either.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Killed as: Physix maps won't load at all. The game hangs up the PC. As a result, after a reboot the ut3.exe didn't work anymore. So I could not even play a "normal" game. Same issues have been reported to the bug forum, but no answers yet. So I had to completely reinstall the game.

The physixs drivers were properly installed on my system btw. They worked fine with the demos. So it has to be the game.
      Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Yikes ... I wonder if this is why the patch just came out ? I saw a patch was released on Tuesday, so I snagged that yesterday. It was literally a ton of fixes, so I stopped reading after a full page of them.

I haven't loaded the Physx driver, as it only added Physx affects to 3 of the maps, so its hardly worth the risk for three maps.
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I applied patch 1.3 and installed the supporting nvida drivers including physx right on top of the old drivers.

I did not download the physx maps as I highly doubt anybody would play them.

Got no problems at all. FPS even increased. Worked like a charm.

Comment

When I posted this I used the 177.83_geforce_winxp_32bit_international_whql.exe drivers.

Maybe they fixed some stuff in the newer drivers in the meantime?

Fps increase? Sounds nice. Murder, what are you systems specs?

Comment

Disregard the above post. I started getting BSoD's a few days after that. Had to remove UT3 temporarily to figure out the problem.

I'm currently using 177.92 drivers here:

GeForce Release 177

Still crashing every 2 or 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Murder Simulator View Post
                Disregard the above post. I started getting BSoD's a few days after that. Had to remove UT3 temporarily to figure out the problem.

I'm currently using 177.92 drivers here:

GeForce Release 177

Still crashing every 2 or 3 days.
                The T5K clan has advised all its members to use the 175.19 nvidia drivers. 177.92 (maybe) and 178.13 (for sure) seem to be unstable for all of us (we play UT3 daily . . . believe it or not - lol).

Hope that helps.
                [url=http://profile.xfire.com/nomadicus][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/nomadicus.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                  by Apache Warrior
                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                • Reply to 6 years
                  by Sirex
                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                  by Sirex
                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                  by Sirex
                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                  by Sirex
                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                Working...
                X