Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD vs Intel. First Benchmarks @ Tom's Hardware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD vs Intel. First Benchmarks @ Tom's Hardware!!!

I have always been an AMD fan but this may sway me to Intel's side.

Originally posted by Tom's Conclusion
    Again, we must emphasize that our testing situation was not optimal, because the Intel system had been preconfigured and didn't represent the final version. Even so, we were able to determine that not even AMD's top-of-the-line Athlon FX-62 CPU running at 3.0 GHz could clearly best the pre-release model of the Core 2 Duo (2.66 GHz Conroe) processor we tested. This comparison didn't even use the top-of-the-line Conroe processor, which Intel plans to introduce soon.
    But how fast and powerful will Intel's new processor technology prove to be in practice? This is something we can only answer with some certainty after we've had a chance to test it ourselves in our own labs. In the meantime, it looks like AMD's going to have to get to work in order to keep up with Intel!
    Originally posted by Tom's Article: Page 4
    Until we can test this new Intel processor in our own labs, unhindered, we can't drawn any sure conclusions about system performance and benchmark results.
    For sure!!
    0%
    AMD will fight back!!!
    0%
    AM2 is better than Conroe...
    0%

theres an fx62 ?

Comment

Uh-huh. Socket F, aka AM2.

Comment

oh yes. AMD's solution is weak, yet intriguing all in the same moment, and by the time they catch up proc power , the 4x4 will be amazing.

Comment

it doesnt really matter for us who cant afford top-of-the-line, unless it lowers prices of affordable CPUs

Comment

Battle between AMD and Intel forces drop in CPU prices

Comment

It also forces them to advance their technology.

Comment

cheap prices FTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
                  oh yes. AMD's solution is weak, yet intriguing all in the same moment, and by the time they catch up proc power , the 4x4 will be amazing.
                  I don't think it was meant to be a strong showing. They needed to get DDR2 memory in the workings so that they don't have an inherent disadvantage when DDR2-800 comes out.

Comment

DDR2 800 is out already http://www.canadacomputers.com/index...13&cid=RAM.475
                    I think you mean DDR2 1066.

I'm sure that the Conroe is a perfectly good platform, but I'll be a bit suspicious until I read a hands on review from a site like Tom's or hardocp. The benchmarks that are being sited in the reviews do seem a little suspect without some further confirmation. I don't think the CPU battle is going to be won or lost any time soon though.

Comment

Originally posted by Azarael
                      DDR2 800 is out already http://www.canadacomputers.com/index...13&cid=RAM.475
                      I think you mean DDR2 1066.

I'm sure that the Conroe is a perfectly good platform, but I'll be a bit suspicious until I read a hands on review from a site like Tom's or hardocp. The benchmarks that are being sited in the reviews do seem a little suspect without some further confirmation. I don't think the CPU battle is going to be won or lost any time soon though.
                      Huh. Didn't know they had that out yet. There was talk about how much the 800 stuff would help in the benchmarks when AM2 was just announced.

Comment

Originally posted by omfg karl marx
                        Originally posted by darth_nevus
                        I don't think it was meant to be a strong showing. They needed to get DDR2 memory in the workings so that they don't have an inherent disadvantage when DDR2-800 comes out.
                        Eaxctly. This is why Conroe and AM2 shouldn't be compared.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X