Morning Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Drive

How many of you take the morning drive to where ever, do you listen to the radio? If so, do you listen to those morning shows? I personally find them really lame and they kinda suck the fun outta me, but sometimes i hear a funny news story from them, but i dont understand why stations cant play music at 7am
    yes
    0%
    sometimes
    0%
    no
    0%
    i traded my radio for a whopper jr
    0%

Derringer's morning show on Q-107 in Toronto is excellent...

And Carly Klassens 1-900 traffic update is hilarious. She moans the traffic in a sexy voice and tell us how "there is a dirty dirty accident" on the 401 and if you want to "penetrate to the core" you need to use a different road...

[TT]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dCXnCM7.gif[/IMG]

Comment

i'm learning a lot of english from morning talk show. ussually on the way to campus in about 30 min driving time. i think for non english speaker, if you can understand like 80% is pretty good already. well the sometimes the topic is reall lame, but there is always something new i can learn. for instance, yesterday i just found out if i want to apply for new cable connection i can get for $20 for 6 months from comcast
      Milk Is Good For Health. o.O

Comment

I listen to the Bob and Tom show, they're absolutly hilareous, they bring in comedians and interview them, always a laugh, but I hate most morning shows just because they're so obnoxious sometimes.

Comment

bob and tom on 103.7 the shark! god i wana kick their teeth in... haha, sorry to bash those u like

Comment

I live one mile from my store and I have Sirius. Talk Radio is just to opinionated and one sided for me. If I do listen to talk radio I like Public Radio. At least they make an attempt to air both sides of whatever they have on.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I'm not much of a radio music person because I'm picky about what I listen to. Some places I've lived has had a newsradio station, which I enjoyed. Talk radio... can handle it in small doses.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
                I live one mile from my store and I have Sirius. Talk Radio is just to opinionated and one sided for me. If I do listen to talk radio I like Public Radio. At least they make an attempt to air both sides of whatever they have on.
                Apache
                Ever listened to xL Comedy?

Oh, and I listen to Bob and Sheri in the mornings...excellent show.

Comment

I can't stand talk radio since it's always ?ber-conservative or overly obnoxious. About the closest thing to talk radio I listen to is podcasts like TWiT, Engadget, DL.TV, etc.

Comment

I just recently started. I enjoy Rush Limbauh now and then and some other coservative oriented shows

Comment

I listen to the radio at least 3 hours a day during the week. If I'm not, my iriver automatically records my morning talk show FM channel. Gotta love iRiver.

Comment

I live 6 miles from work, so I've got about 10-15 minutes of the local all-news channel in the morning, and the local classic rock station in the pm since I hate corporate play lists and 80% of what is considered "good" current music by the morons in charge of those.

At work, I listen to at least three hours of sports talk, the local guys here in DC who moved to the morning after Tony Kornheiser left the air until the end of the Monday Night Football season. I listen to Jim Rome in the pm sometimes, but it's hard as hell for whatever reason for me to get a nice clean streaming audio version of that here at work so I don't listen to as much as I would like.

The rest of my listening time is for CDs. I'm thinking about XM within the next year, so that'll be great too.

-Rand
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

i use to listen to mancow every morning.

Comment

When I was in Miami I had a 30 minute drive to the airport and would listen to Howard Stern along the way. Usually, he was just a goof, then got worse. I learned that he was only funny when he was on the case of someone you didn't care for. Now I work out of my house, so I don't drive... but I have the radio on in both shops so I hear it all morning. Fortunately, just good ol rock.... and while no one else seems to think so... I am just SO BLOODY sick of the BEATLES. I have been listening to their stuff for 40 years... and man.... enough... go away for awhile please.
                            I think that they should pass a law that everytime they play a BEATLES song, they have to play something that really kicks to get you back in the mood.

Comment

My truck doesn't have a radio, it broke, and i am too lazy to fix it(darn BF2). Makes for REALLY boring drives to work.

On the other hand, you don't need the radio around here. if you thought asshats in BF2 were bad, wait till you see some of the drivers over here...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X