Well guys ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well guys ???

I'd like your comments on Crysis Wars (CW) so far, and also tell us your favorite game, other than CW... UT2K4, DOD, COD4, BF2, CS, whatever....

Apache, I'm anxious to see Chris's comments here.....

From what we have seen folks, this may prove to be a very popular game, at least in our Community.

-- Cain

I like the TIA on the Game so yes it's a good game and I just like to say thanks for putting the Sever up

Comment

Not sure which gametype i prefer yet as i'm busy enjoying both. If i did have to pick though it would probably be powerstruggle. I always prefer the team/tactic based gametypes.

Max player count seems to work well for the maps. But i wonder if a max player hack will appear just like TF2. Could make things interesting.

Comment

I like it a lot. I am not a fan of Power Struggle right now. But, that is because I am not doing well with the game type. I die constantly and never seem to have any money to buy a decent weapon.

My other favorite games are CSS, DODS, BF2 and COD4HC.

I will ask Chris to post his thoughts on the game.

Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I like it a lot! Although I don't enjoy the PowerStruggle gametype, TeamIA was a lot of fun.
          "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
          - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

I love it, even though i can barely play when there is alot of people on, lol. I'm a big fan of the Power Struggle and certain TIA maps

Other favorite game is UT2k4!

Comment

TIA is pretty fun...

BF2142 is also pretty fun
              [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
              You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

Taking a little getting used to... just annoys me that I shoot a clip into a guys head/back at close range and he turns and drops me with like 3 rounds.

Comment

For all the people struggling to get to grips with powerstruggle. Just grab the buy the shotty and then grab another flag. Your points will be fine from then on. It's extremely easy.

Comment

I'm with Bar to some degree here, as I've noticed the same issue. I think this is one of those games that's a bit closer to Enemy Territory Quake Wars than we would like. It's fun now, but I don't see it holding on to the same appeal (though I DO see it lasting longer than ET:QW). It's the little annoyances that get to me, and that seem to be building up.

VOIP SUCKS here. The default volume for almost all players is too low, and there's no way to increase it. I can't hear the few other players using VOIP, and most can't hear me. And VOIP in and of itself is not used in this game like it is in some of the others you're running now and in the past. The older Crysis players don't seem to want anyone to use it (and have been telling users to shut up), and almost all non-CLRs aren't using it period. Teamwork seriously suffers as a result.

I absolutely HATE having to click my mouse again to start the respawn timer. Just do it by default like every other game. Annoying.

Bar's damage issue is a problem. Something's off with balance or packet loss or something.

The maps are inconsistent. Some are quite small, some, like Mesa, are absolutely huge. In fact, Mesa is the largest map you've run for ANY game, and you can feel it.

There is a real annoying problem I and others have experienced, and that's an offset mouse when you start the game sometimes. For me, it requires a restart of the game. I also have found that the game likes to randomly disable the "start in full screen" option.

Vehicles handle poorly regardless of the class/type, and reversing? Forget about it. Those turtles and crabs in the game walk faster than you can drive in reverse.

The learning curve is extreme, even for me, and I do well in every other game we've tried. The guys who have played Crysis for the past year are absolutely mopping up the floor with everyone else, far more unbalanced in competition than I've seen in any other game.

Finally, to me, the gameplay seems more repetitive than in other similar styles of game. I don't know why, it just does.

On the positive side, the nano suit adds a whole new dimension of fun and possibility, and is by far the best addition. The little graphical touches like speedometers actually working and objective LCD screens showing capture progress are very nice (to say nothing of the innate beauty of the Crytek engine). Alien tech can be fun (if annoying hard to use the ice gun and some others), and nukes are fun when you finally get them--expensive though.

I also like the variety of vehicles (though again, they handle like wounded hogs). I wish they had added a personal jet pack, as that would be very fun to use in this game.

-Rand

P.S. I like almost every game you've tried except Quake Wars (or any Quake-derived game--overrated). I'm adaptable and good with both vehicles and on-foot, and I like strategy and objective-based gameplay. The best games you've run are UT2k4 and BF2/SF.
                    Last edited by Rand{CLR}; 21 Sep 2008, 01:08 PM. Reason: Added fav games and another annoyance
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I agree with Rand and Bar on most points.

I like TIA and PS equally, either can get annoying and the other brings back a fresh feel. The TIA rounds I played on the Lair server were far too short, I barely had enough time to find the gun I was looking for, then the next map is loading.

The hits always seem to register, but the damage they deal seems different for each player. This happens on all of the servers, I had good rounds with 3 shot to limb kills, and awful rounds where I couldn't kill someone with the whole clip to the head.

Other bugs I've noticed: Auto team doesn't, it always puts me on Asia, even if its full and America isn't. Favorite server doesn't hold after a game close. Picking up a gun you already have sometimes causes it to flip around, in one instance it threw me into the roof of a cave, where I was stuck and had to suicide.
                      They need to release a patch ASAP.

My favorite is still COD4

Comment

Random bug -- when entering a boat, the boat will go underwater and get stuck.. same with hovercraft.

Comment

My son has discovered the AWP (sniper rifle) of this game. I think I will have to hide when he gets it.
                          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I personally love C:W. Sure, it has a few small bugs... but what game doesn't upon release? I also like Powerstruggle just a little more then TIA, but that's only because it reminds me of ONS in UT2k4 to an extent. I also like the fact that you have to aim ahead of your target if they are moving to hit them! And there is just a little bit of bullet drop. The game feels great, vehicles move decent, although they could use a bit of tweaking.

Overall I think this game is going to really take off. Give it a patch or two and this game is really going to rock. Especially if it gets a good mod community going!
                            [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I hope that i get the hang of this game quick. After about an hour i got 1 kill but it was with a SNIPER!!!!!!! First impressions are ok but the voip SUCKS really bad. Also when i sometimes join it is like i am under the map. I can move but the grapics are messed up and it lags. I will have to shut the game down and restart it for that problem to end. Hope that a patch is released soon.

-Recon

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X