No announcement yet.

MESA = Most Popular Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

personally i love the big open maps *Cough* Mesa *Cough* but with the time limit as it is.... its not that fun compared to some of the other servers i have played, on some servers, it is an unlimited time limit so that the only way to win is to nuke the crap out of the other team.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Naillik View Post
      Bad maps... Depends. The maps are really different.... If people like vehicles, they probably like Beach, Tarmac, and Mesa. If they like infantry stuff, then they will like Desolation, Refinery, Plantation and some others. Haven't played an actual BAD map yet.
      Beach, Tarmac, and Mesa are definitely good maps. I'm a big fan of vehicles myself. They add another dimension to the game, sort of BF2142-ish.

Comment

True enough - with shortish time limits it can get annoying.. just managing to get a nuke with 2 minutes left

Comment

I remember this Free Weps server I played with a 600 minute timer where on one game it took us a full...400 minutes to beat the match. No one had the nukes long enough to reach the other team base and I had a made up squad made for parachuting, the game just gets plain awesome when you have a good team.

Comment

Mesa's too bloody big. It's not a good map for us at all, because I've seen too many people leave it, and it doesn't have that hectic sense of action that is a big part of the Lair experience.

DEFINITELY recommend against increasing the time on this one.

-Rand

P.S. I don't want to play 400 minutes solid on any GAME, let alone a single map.
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
              Mesa's too bloody big. It's not a good map for us at all, because I've seen too many people leave it, and it doesn't have that hectic sense of action that is a big part of the Lair experience.

-Rand

P.S. I don't want to play 400 minutes solid on any GAME, let alone a single map.
              LOL!! Sorry I'm sort of a video game addict, if I get into a certain game I will play it all day. I ended up playing the game over 6 hours with about 20 minute breaks every couple hours. Also over that whole game I only got 6 kills, because the map only had 20 some people in it.

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Rand{CLR}

-Rand

you never end up playing the entire time, it usually ends after around 200 mins (depending on how many players are in the server 32 man server with no base camping = around 100-150 mins on Mesa)

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmie2 View Post
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Rand{CLR}

-Rand

you never end up playing the entire time, it usually ends after around 200 mins (depending on how many players are in the server 32 man server with no base camping = around 100-150 mins on Mesa)
                  Yeah and we kind of prolonged it because we had fun parachuting.

Comment

so true..... parachuting is REALLY fun esp when you have a TAC Cannon and a missile launcher

oh also a fun parachuting strategy, use C4(det pack) and just drop them on the enemy vehicle spawn wooooo explosions!!!!

Comment

Beach just kickstarted the server big time! Please don't drop this map.

Comment

You guys do know that 200 minutes is 3 hours, 20 minutes right? WAY too long for one map.

-Rand
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Not if the map is super awesome and its fun.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMKILLERZ View Post
                            Not if the map is super awesome and its fun.
                            Really? I know a lot of people would be put off by playing a single map for that long.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                                Really? I know a lot of people would be put off by playing a single map for that long.
                                If you love the game truly you could play it all day, but of course I am a video game addict (sort of) because if you get me a truly good mmo or game, good luck seeing me outside.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X