Nvidia PhysiX May Crash your Crysis Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia PhysiX May Crash your Crysis Wars

I have just update my Graphic card drivers this morning and what comes a long with the new Drivers ? Nvidia PhysiX which as cause my Crysis warhead and Crysis Wars to stop working.

So I have now Restalled Crysis Wars and Removed Nvidia PhysiX from my Computer and it running ok now so plzs beware of Nvidia PhysiX whicg comes with the New Drivers for Xp and Vista.

And yes it crashed both Crysis warhead and Crysis wars on Xp and Vista on my rig.

Thx !!

Can you load the newest nVidia Drivers and NOt install the PhysiX drivers ??

Comment

No cain u can't once the new drive is installed you then can remove the Nvidia PhysiX

Comment

YIKES!!!

OK, then we need to find the newest driver that did NOT have PhysiX ..

Comment

175.19 is what i'm using. They were the most current drivers for XP until a couple of days ago. Giving me no problems at all.

GeForce Release 175

Comment

This thread has a vague familiarity to it ....

Nvidia Physx may crash your <insert game of the month here>
            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Well it crashes my PC so I screwed really
              Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

I crash a lot as well, but I haven't updated anything
                K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Meh, I love Physix, they're so physical.... *music* let's get physical, physical, let's get physical.... and hadn't crashed anything on me yet (Vista Premium 64-bit)

Comment

Got the lastest drivers here, 178.13 on Vista Business X64 and it didn't look that it install NVidia PhysX, maybe juste because I own Dual-7950GT 512mo that doesn't support PhysX natively.

So I guess that if the installer install NVidia PhysX is just because you get embeded physX on your card...

Comment

Originally posted by [nmzl]f0x View Post
                      Got the lastest drivers here, 178.13 on Vista Business X64 and it didn't look that it install NVidia PhysX, maybe juste because I own Dual-7950GT 512mo that doesn't support PhysX natively.

So I guess that if the installer install NVidia PhysX is just because you get embeded physX on your card...
                      I'm pretty sure Nvidia has only enabled PhysX on the 8 series and up so far.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                        I'm pretty sure Nvidia has only enabled PhysX on the 8 series and up so far.
                        I can confirm what you said. I've got a GeForce 8300 (PCI-E not integrated) in my computer at work, and I've update the drivers (yes, beeing sysadmin allow you to do that by your own ) to test it today, and yes it insall NVidia PhysX.

So you're right. As soon as you have a Geforce 8 series or above, you're gonna get NVidia PhysX install automaticly.

Comment

It doesn't crash mine sadly, I say sadly because it's Crysis (Me no likey)

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                            by Apache Warrior
                            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                          • Reply to 6 years
                            by Sirex
                            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                            Just hit 2.5K miles...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                            by Sirex
                            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                            by Sirex
                            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                            by Sirex
                            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                          Working...
                          X