Pirates or Ninjas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pirates or Ninjas?

Well, it's that time once again. Pirates vs Ninjas in an all out battle royale for ultimate supremacy!

I debated it yesterday with a ninja kid, and he admitted that i could totally shoot him or turn my peg leg into a howitzer, but he brought up a good point -- Pirates are rather stupid. They go all around searching for treasure and what do they do once they dig it up? Bring it somewhere else and bury it.

I thought it was old time money laundering, bury it, kill everyone who knows about it, then spend it. But whats ur opinion?

or
    Pirates!
    0%
    Ninjas!
    0%
    Jesus!
    0%

hard choice

Comment

Bahahah Caption Morgan...

Pirates FTW (And no Jeff it's not because you sent me that PM telling me to pick pirates)

Comment

Pirates FTW

Comment

Both lifestyles were very challenging; not at all what they're cracked up to be nowadays. If a battle were to take place out on the ocean, obviously Pirates would clean house (ever heard of the great ninja seafarers? Didn't think so). However, if it were to be on-shore, I would have to give ninjas the nod. First, the pirates, thrilled to be on dry land for a change, would be pissed drunk. Barring that, even though pirates they had basic early firearms in their arsenal, a ninja wouldn't exactly come charging at them down the street. Given the discipline involved with his training for skills, tactics, and strategies, he would choose the time and place for optimal engagement, and it would be over rather quickly (for the pirate).

But considering you would never find a ninja on the open ocean, the only place of engagement would be on dry land. Ninjas ftw.

Comment

And if they did manage to infiltrate onboard a pirate ship, they would probably set it afire.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Jesus 4tw

Comment

Plus ninja's wouldn't outright fight. If you do any research, ninja's didn't really fight. They were sneaks and assassins, and tended to be from the peasant class in feudal Japan. They didn't use swords due to the high cost of steel on the Japanese islands and tended towards poisoned daggers or bow and arrows, which weren't a 'honorable' weapon. They took 'hit contracts' and would suicide with poison rather than be captured, which also meant that their fees were fairly high so only the 'honorable' lord classes in feudal Japan tended to use them.

Hence.......they'd poison the pirates ale, then slit all their throats jsut to be sure. Ninja's ftw!!!
                [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
                [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Ninjas for the win. As to the point they don't fight, well, neither do pirates. Pirates received very little formal training, and just sort of hacked it out (or shot it out), while Ninjas did little else aside from training when they weren't infiltrating something.

Anyone see The Last Samurai? The ninja attack on the village was just flat out badass. Ain't no pirate standing up to that.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Let's see, they're both criminals, and they're both honor less (assuming that a ninja is a trained and experienced assassin and not a person who practices the marital arts only). I've never actually seen a pirate nor have I seen a ninja. Has anyone ever seen Asterix et Obelix? They can whip both of them hands down.

Des Gau-Gau..
                    Des Gau-Gau..
                    Des Gaulois!!!

Comment

I'm not a historian, so could be wrong here. It's true that ninja clans did not generally engage in open combat. However, I seem to recall an incident in which there was an attempt on the part of a samurai army to eliminate a ninja clan... and that on the field of battle, the samurai army (one badass force!) was devastated. Not super-human, but a culture that focuses its very existence to killing wouldn't be a very easy mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                        Ninjas for the win. As to the point they don't fight, well, neither do pirates. Pirates received very little formal training, and just sort of hacked it out (or shot it out), while Ninjas did little else aside from training when they weren't infiltrating something.

Anyone see The Last Samurai? The ninja attack on the village was just flat out badass. Ain't no pirate standing up to that.

-Rand
                        isaw that movie. a good movie it was.

Comment

Pirate would win, but not at first. You see, ninjas would decimate the pirates. There is an inverse relationship between pirates and global warming as show in this graph.

After the ninjas managed to kill every pirate, the earth would become so warm, the polar icecaps would melt effectively drowning all the ninjas. Therefore, pirates would ultimately win.

Comment

I like the whole pirates to global warming connection, except that it's flawed. There's probably more pirates alive today than at any other point in history, you just don't hear about them much and they're not the "yo ho ho me hearties" kind. Indonesia, the South Pacific, and the Indian Ocean are infested with pirates.

Now if you substitute the decline in pirates for a decline in ninjas, you may be onto something. Probably fewer ninjas now than at their height.

-Rand
                            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Umm, pirates can hack ninjas computers, empty their bank accounts and steal their identities

How u guna compete with that? All the ninjas would be locked up for tax evasion, SO HA!!! I mean, ARRR

also, ninjas have to yell before they try and kill you "HIIIIYA!" and by then the pirate has already blasted the ninja, i mean, think about it, pirates dont need masks, they have parrot spies, and wenches!!

It's a pirates life for me!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X