Help me out a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me out a bit

So I gathered my PS3 games and went to gamestop. I traded in the games for Crysis:Warhead. Since I had no internet connection I installed the first DVD, Crysis:Warhead. Everything is cool until I read the other DVD had Crysis:Wars on it. In the beginning I thought it was an extra soundtrack or something so I left it alone. Now I have 3 Crysis games installed totalling over 22GB in HDD space . My question is, which game will I use to play Multiplayer. Do I need the DVD while playing the game or is it like CoD when you dont need the CD for Multiplayer? And finally, Do I need to keep the other game if the Multiplayer game is already installed? Like do I need to keep Crysis:Warhead if Crysis:Wars is the Multiplayer? That of course doesn't matter since I have no connection yet and it, as most of you know, has that malware SecuROM so activation is limited. Doesn't even have activate by phone . Oh and the third game is the original Crysis so never mind it

O oh ooo, one more question, do I need to make an account with GameSpy comrade? I HATE installing new software to use it along with another software that has another software (Are you following me?) So, can I delete that crap they call gamespy? it seriously sucks and the face that it starts with windows pisses me off even more, like I need your stingy software to use my computer or something. Damn EA and their policies... Thanks for the help

Crysis Wars is the multiplayer portion. You do not need Crysis Warhead installed; they are totally separate.

I had to install Comrade as well during the process, but I haven't even touched it. I had to make a new Gamespy account to login to the game, but it was very easy and quick (and it is all done inside the game). Comrade hasn't bothered me any, and I bet you could uninstall it if you wanted.

I don't know if you need the DVD in because I bought the Steam version, which doesn't have a DVD.
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
    - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Thank you , but maybe since you bought it on steam it means it has a no-cd patch? or as it is called in illegal copies, a no-cd crack.

Comment

u may need the cd idk for the steam version u have to have steam running to play it. as for the rest of it holy is right dont need warhead installed just wars.

Comment

no phant u dont need the dvd to play either, both work straight from your hard drive leaving you free to keep COD4 in ur CD drive
          also, you dont need comrade installed and securom will probably be going away soon, EA is being sued because it was not in the EULA

Comment

I don't need COD's CD in my drive for MP. Thanks for the info... and I wish SecuROM would just vanish, that company have caused me way too much trouble trying to play a friggin game!

(SecuROM and Martyerdom in COD4 have the same creator! OMG, we must kill him before he ruins another game! ok you got me, i'm joking, but it seems like a very evil idea)

Comment

I got another question.

Yesterday I wanted to exit the game to windows and come back. The windows key doesn't work for some reason so I asked and a guy said Alt+Tab works, and it does. No the problem is that the game is in windowed mode and I can't start it in Full screen anymore

Comment

go to the game folder then configs, then put in the fullscreen command. in the multiplayer settings file

Comment

Thanks G, but this game is too hard... and slow paced... complicated.... and a bunch of other things. I'll stick to run n gun with CoD4

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                    Thanks G, but this game is too hard... and slow paced... complicated.... and a bunch of other things. I'll stick to run n gun with CoD4
                    Quitter.

Comment

He quit DOD Source too.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I like games that are fun tbh. And shooting someone 60 shots until they die lol ill give it a try every now and then

Comment

60 shots????? learn to aim lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmie2 View Post
                            60 shots????? learn to aim lol
                            You can aim?

No but seriously, the AK clone in the game take at least 10 shots in the body to kill someone... where it takes 3 or 4 in CoD4... The transition will be hard for me, cuz I lost my multi-player-ginity to CoD

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                              You can aim?

No but seriously, the AK clone in the game take at least 10 shots in the body to kill someone... where it takes 3 or 4 in CoD4... The transition will be hard for me, cuz I lost my multi-player-ginity to CoD
                              lol FY71 is HORRIBLE!!!! its got the same accuracy as the SMG, and the firepower of the dual wield-able SMG, spend the extra 25p and get a SCAR, its like the FY71 on crack!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X