Dedicated PC server support for PS3 clients on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedicated PC server support for PS3 clients on the way

This was just added to the latest patch for the PS3 version.

I posted this in the PS3 section:
    We'll be releasing the PC Dedicated Server for PS3 clients as a beta in the next few days.

What this will allow is game hosting companies, that traditionally don't have consoles available to host from, to host for PS3 clients on their PC farms. It additionally allow them to take advantage of the numerous features that a PC application can have that are more difficult to implement on a pure console run dedicated server (auto reboots, remote administration, local ban lists, etc).

This is 1.0 for the industry as far as we can tell, so expect the occasional bump, but we think this will improve the quality of play for our PS3 customers significantly.

To be clear, this SHOULD NOT be looked at as PC players and PS3 players playing together. PC players won't see the PC Dedicated Server for PS3 Clients in their browser for instance. It is strictly to allow folks who want to run a dedicated server for the PS3 audience to do so without sacrificing their actually PS3.
    Not sure who is getting to test this out but at least one person got a beta version up a running for a bit.
    Last edited by KurlonT; 2 Oct 2008, 09:58 AM.

Kurlon, That's good news.

I have a dedicated server for testing PC Warfare maps (a very modest 4v4 but it does the job). Anyone can use it; they just have to PM me.

Here's my point:
    When the P3 server becomes publicly available, I'd be glad to host a PS3 test server as well. That would help me and other mappers . . . the last PC V1.3 patch isn't quite 100% compatible with PS3 builds.

Stay in touch.
    Last edited by Nomadicus; 4 Oct 2008, 07:16 PM. Reason: clarity
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/nomadicus][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/nomadicus.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Thx for the offer Nomad!

Do you know if they ever fixed the black texture bug involving certain vehicles in cooked maps for the PS3? This really takes away from a map that otherwise has some really nice visuals.

Basically the bug makes the normal textures appear as just black boxes like it's missing the actual textures. So far I've found the Manta (primary fire), Viper (primary fire), Raptor (primary fire) and Darkwalker (gunner primary fire) all suffer from this bug. My guess it's a problem w/ the cooking tools and not sure Epic knows about the problem.

BTW the Prime remake turned out awesome...

Comment

Update...looks like the latest build is here: http://www.epicgames.com/download/PC...ForPS3_120.zip

Oh...nothing official was mentioned from Epic yet.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
        Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
          by Apache Warrior
          6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
        • Reply to 6 years
          by Sirex
          I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
          Just hit 2.5K miles...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
        • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
          by Sirex
          Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
        • Reply to Hell Let Loose
          by Sirex
          Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
        • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
          by Sirex
          Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
        Working...
        X