• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October 22nd 2008 Cains Lair News Issue X --

[FONT="Century Gothic"]

Where You Heard the News First

Quickly, Lets get current.

It's been a while since we had any news to report, so let's get everyone up to speed. Foremost, Crysis 2 has been bumping off in the later parts of the day.

We're talking 7:30 EST. Jeffro, Rand, Juneau, Duke and I made quite a team last night - and you know what? It was fun. REAL fun. We warmed up by letting people cap until they had lots of funds, then we practiced tanks, VTOLs and etc. Then the map ended.

When the next one came up- we had about 8 on 8. By the end we had 15 on 15. I just logged out and it is now 11:30PM EST and the server is full.

Get in here guys- The Crysis server isnt dead, its actually starting to take on a life of its' own.

Interview of the Week

#1 How Long Have You Been Here?
    I came upon the lair back in the UT2k4 ONS days. I think it was Oct 04 I had just started online playing and I decided to try a bit of ONS after reading about it in MAXPC. I made it into a server and I was such a noob I was kicked after 5 minutes. This game was a big change in the games I had played up until then and I thought that maybe the UT crowd would not be that much fun. I did my home work and logged on to a server on the top of the list. It was Cain's The friendly team orientated players were just what I was looking for. At the end of the round I saw a spam message from Slaughter and I went to the forums and the rest is history.

#2 What kind of job do you have in Real Life?
    I'm a regional jet capitain for American Eagle Airlines.

#3 Describe the best experience you have ever had at Cains Lair.
    There are too many to count. I guess one time when Thor, Killer Rabbit stole the enemies Levi and parked it next to our core. Also another time recently when Hawkeye drove a APC of CLRs up to a tank the Rand was driving. It must have looked like a bunch of clowns jumping out of a little car in the circus.

#4 What game are you looking forward to most?
    I am looking for another game that has the command structure of the BF games. Theres nothing like having some good CLR vs CLR squad action.

#5 What kind of player are you? run and gun, strategic, sniper, commander, n00bish?
    Run and Gun, Support and fast vehicles.

#6 What game do you play the most?
    Crysis Wars at the moment occupies most of my time, however, I have been playing Call of Duty 4 Hardcore recently.

#7 Have you ever had your line of fire blocked by a set of eyebrows?
    I have never had my vision blocked by eyebrows but I do know that if I see a pair poking around a corner I know that a fierce competitor will be following in about 15 to 20 seconds.

#8 What is the funniest thing you have seen in a game in the past 4 days?
    I must illustrate a serious, completely humorless, stare at this point. Duke looks as if I shot his dog and asks me point blank "what do you mean? Do I make you laugh? Do I look like a clown? What could you mean by funny- because Im not sure if you know what you mean. So please tell us- what is this 'funny' you are speaking of

Actually- Duke drew a blank- I thought my answer was better so I put it in

#9 What games are you playing right now? (online and single player)
    DOD:s and an occasional round of Portal.

[SIZE="4"]
    Pictures of the Week

NEVER let your wife drive in Crysis- While I was alone on the server, I made her play the game, and this is where she ended up. Call it my evil plan to encourage her to game, but to demonstrate what she had to do in order to somehow do this- I spent 10 min re-creating the situation, and I found that in order to do that you would have to squeeze past two rails with zero room on each size and then do this:

LMAO- I went to go get a Coke and came right back- she said she did it at full speed....

Does anyone have a cell phone I can borrow? I need to call my Insurance guy- I knew I should have called Geico (american car insurance company).

This next one I title When things go bad

Anyways, I hope it has been fun for you- it has been for me. We've had a real up and down time in real life so that has gotten a bit in the way of our gaming. On top of that, I had the flu this week so it was a real effort to get this out today.

I hope you all come back and see us soon, here at CAINS LAIR

Closing Remarks
    Well people, it's been a great week once again, which always makes it difficult to write this newsletter. Regardless of everything, this news broadcast was brought to you by Cains Lair News Network, but sponsored by our Community. That means all of you.

Special thanks to those who contributed and we'll catch you all in the next round at a server near you.

~Hammy
    CLNN Bureau Chief
    Last edited by Hammy; 23 Oct 2008, 12:13 PM.

Wheee, it's back! Thanks Hammy, love it as always!!
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

freakin school... Lost second chapter so i'll have to do it from scratch... thank god i have it memorized though....

Comment

That made me laugh

Comment

which part?

Comment

Good job Hammy. Love the interview, I could picture all the clowns jumping out packing LMGs
            [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
            Like the community? Donate here:
            [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Good job.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Last nights Crysis Wars was a lot of fun. Now if we could only get both sides to be full of CLRs we would have on heck of a battle.

I don't know why I drew a blank on the funny part. I think the APC story was pretty funny though. After reading your version I have this urge to watch good fellas.
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                  Last nights Crysis Wars was a lot of fun. Now if we could only get both sides to be full of CLRs we would have on heck of a battle.

I don't know why I drew a blank on the funny part. I think the APC story was pretty funny though. After reading your version I have this urge to watch good fellas.
                  +1

Great report as usual Hammy.

Comment

I keep puting off geting Crysis...WTF...lol

Good Report as always, was hoping on hearing about the Scrim on COD4 but your sick so it's all good.
                    [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Im getting all these strange edit errors if you all havent noticed.... I'm not a noob at this, so I just dont get why I'm getting these errors....there must be a stray in the string for the edits....

Comment

hmmm idk why it would be messing with u.... maybe try a diff browser when editing/posting?

Comment

Good report Hammy, thanks man!

Comment

Duke Ftw!!!!!!
                            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

hammy you deserve an award of some sort.... *takes the box back from box and gives it to hammy*

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X