X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter or Summer

Which do you prefer?

Britain braced for hottest day

Britain is experiencing the hottest day of the year so far with temperatures forecast to rocket to 36C (96.8F).

Experts said the heatwave will show no sign of relenting as hot winds from France boost temperatures further.

Monday and Tuesday have already seen the two hottest days of the year so far with temperatures of up to 33.2C (91.8F).

Matt Dobson, of the PA WeatherCentre, said the highest temperatures will be recorded in the area west of London, north of Bristol and south of Birmingham.

"It has been amazingly hot over France and the extra bit of hot air will move across the UK and that will boost the temperatures further," he said.

If the mercury does reach 36C it will match the hottest July day, set on July 22, 1911, in Epsom, Surrey.

The highest UK temperature ever recorded was 38.5C (101.3F) in Faversham, Kent, on August 10, 2003.

British temperatures this week have outstripped popular holiday destinations including Athens, Bermuda, Rio de Janeiro and Rome.
    Winter ftw
    Winter
    0%
    Summer
    0%
    Both
    0%

It was 38C outside over here, yesterday. Dunno about today but it feels even worse xD

I like both, winter and summer. But my lungs don't like the summer all that much when it gets this hot (and neither do I).

Ahhh MEDIC!!!

Comment

I'll adjust my poll for you bliss.

Comment

summer!!! it's beautiful outside!!
        i can't stand the cold... and it makes everyone depressed!!

Comment

yay for both!

Comment

I'm in for all seasons. Each season offers something new.

Winter here is pretty cold, but its awesome for skiing, snowmobiling and skating. However, the ice on the sidewalks and snow shoveling is a pain.

Summer here has plenty of activities in town. From June 20th to July 20th, we go through the F1 Grand Prix, the Jazz Fest, the Comedy Fest, Fantasia Film Fest and many more. So the summer is really active. I can also take my bike to work.
            But it gets hot.
            [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
            So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

you wussies! 98 degrees, hahahaha.

it was 103? maybe een 105 in denjver on saturday. The state of nebraska recorded a temp of 112!!!!! 112, i mean, it is only supposed to get that hotin the desert

i am just giving you guys crap about the 98. That is probably a heat wave for britain. It seems to be hotter everywhere. Thank the gods for AC.

i guess i shouild add what season i like,, i guess summer. I am a landscaper, so summer is when i make 70% of my money for the year. Plus, girls wear skimpy clothes in the summer. I really like girls in skimpy clothes, oh yeahh

<<<< istead of trolls, imgaine that says, " i like girls" lol

Comment

We don't have A/C

Alternatively, invest in air-conditioning for your home. One room can be arctic cool from ?1,600
                NHS cooling advice.

9 main rooms in my house so that would be ?14k (estimate) What a bargain

Comment

whoa thats whack!! how much if u just want it like... Vermont cool? cuz artic is prolly more expensive, and u need about 500 bucks just to fight off teh polar bears

and what about Spring/Fall??? but i like summer, i take warm over freezin my nips off any day

Comment

I like both but this summer has been so hot im praying for fall and winter to roll in. Its easier to stay warm then it is to stay cool, besides I love a good 3ft snow fall over night. Go to bed and wake up with the whole city shut down for a day or two.

Comment

Winter...

I used to live in the Fairbanks, Alaska area and absolutely loved it...

Bring on the cold!
                      * Tuqui-tuqui hugs bliss
                      <Tuqui> hmm .... nice and soft
                      <bliss> ...
                      * bliss` takes off his bunny suit

Comment

My theory is that water should either be warm enough to swim in, or cold enough to skate on... it is the inbetween stuff that screws it up. Winter is great, skiing, hockey, Summer is wonderful, sailing soaring, it is all the inbetween stuff that ruins it. We need a 3rd hemisphere that just goes straight from Winter to Summer.

Comment

Winter. no need for exotic cooling for my computer. just open a door

I also like sliding around on icy roads, and seeing huge drifts of snow. i just love it!

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
                            Winter. no need for exotic cooling for my computer. just open a door
                            Window for me. I haven't used my heater in almost 3 years now. Meanwhile, it stays a nice toasty 78F in here all summer. (I've got fans and such, so it doesn't feel that hot.)

Comment

summer for me

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X