Time to counter with a new patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to counter with a new patch.

And we all thought this was the worse game omg no voip omg!

Anyways...

New patch came out. Made teamwork the best I've seen. Voip with the whole team of 12-16 works well. I actually had a team that played much like a BF2 squad.

So anyways, the new patch added voip and made the game a lot more organized. Point being, I wished more people would give this a 2nd try, because it seems so far every update has been countering your arguments.

Looks like a great update

Unfortunately its still not for me ATM. Not because I don't think there's fun to be had, but because there are so many other things vying for my attention, the interest level just isn't there anymore. Plus Assassins Creed AND Mass Effect both drop in a a couple weeks, so I'll be dropping a nice chunk of change on those Also, I HATE HATE HATE that they went the ranked server/global stats route trying to emulate the BF series. That's one of the worst teamwork killers in the history of gaming It may not be as bad in ET:QW as it was in BF2, but I saw enough early on in the forums to know it will continually be an issue. Oh well.

Have fun with it though

Comment

Hey guy I got back early this morning and I have just orded a copy of the game and thanks for the update about the patch

Comment

I appreciate that you're trying to drum up business, but lack of VOIP wasn't the only problem. The game itself just is not very compelling. Unless they totally reworked the game play, I'm just not interested. But that's me.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

In my opinion, the voip made it a new game, it's great teamplay. Sure it's linear, but maps that people claimed as "made for Strogg" or "Made for GDF" now are well balanced, just by communication.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
            Looks like a great update

Unfortunately its still not for me ATM. Not because I don't think there's fun to be had, but because there are so many other things vying for my attention, the interest level just isn't there anymore. Plus Assassins Creed AND Mass Effect both drop in a a couple weeks, so I'll be dropping a nice chunk of change on those Also, I HATE HATE HATE that they went the ranked server/global stats route trying to emulate the BF series. That's one of the worst teamwork killers in the history of gaming It may not be as bad in ET:QW as it was in BF2, but I saw enough early on in the forums to know it will continually be an issue. Oh well.

Have fun with it though

Actually, the rank system means nothing. You still need to unlock things over and over again (my opinion this is the worst thing about the game), and ranks are only shown for the best medics/engineers ect. And in the current mission (which no one look at, because most people are in the "deploy mines" mission). However, at the start of the game people said "look at my XP then look at yours you noob", but that died down fast.

I do hate the ranking systems, as it really means nothing, but for some it means something, so people continue to play as at eam.

Comment

The most recent patch made the game way better! Not as rudimentary and glichy. Runs smoother, cleaner.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                by Apache Warrior
                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
              • Reply to 6 years
                by Sirex
                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                by Sirex
                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                by Sirex
                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                by Sirex
                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
              Working...
              X