No announcement yet.

windows 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm missing too many details to advise. If you haven't reset the system partition yet, what did you do?

Comment

Why do you need a partition on your SSD if you have a 1TB for storage?
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
        Apache
        I got the HD first then 2 yrs later put in the ssd. I am guessing that is the default setting somewhere. Frankly don't know enough to know if I need or don't need.
        I did have to enlarge it for the windows download to work.

Qicmee I did the partition change and it worked easily(or easily enough once i understood the tool to change it). It was at 100mb before.. since I had room i bumped it to 1 gb. I am guessing I should drop it down again. Not sure why windows needed it a specific way to install 10 but it did.

On another note I do like the email settings alot more. Runs just like my phone and pushes it all in an easy .. but separated template.

Trying to find a way to change my account on the admin .. now I have to freaking type in a password each time it boots up. Anyone know please post or show me a link.
        When I sign on it says unauthorized then I can click in the right corner on my profile and sign in(i am set as the admin).

Comment

Yup, the system reserved partition can be relatively small; I'd guess 300 MB is plenty. Or, leave it as is at this point. Sometimes we're smarter to accept the awesome power of "close enough".

Automatic login is essential! Here's a how-to link.
          http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-au...in-windows-10/

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
            Apache
            The hidden system reserved partition is automatically created by Windows when it's installed. Mainly, it contains the boot loader for when the PC starts up. In Golden's case, his previous installation didn't make the partition big enough for Win10. Many users have complained about Microsoft automatically creating a problem and then forcing users to manually fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
              Yup, the system reserved partition can be relatively small; I'd guess 300 MB is plenty. Or, leave it as is at this point. Sometimes we're smarter to accept the awesome power of "close enough".

Automatic login is essential! Here's a how-to link.
              http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-au...in-windows-10/
              worked perfectly.. thank you.

Now .. why can't i log onto twitter using that app.

Also on a side note. Play a game called cloud raiders on my phone(relives boredom at work).... anyway to sync the phone up with windows 10. I think I might have to wait until windows 10 gets pushed to my phone though. The live account is accepted by the Xbox system .. just no cross referencing that I see.

Comment

I wonder if I can put a quick button on my mouse to use cortana.. though I hardly use it on my phone other then calling someone while I am driving

Comment

One thing I found is Win10 does NOT like to upgrade when your CPU is overclocked. I had an MSI 970 G43 board with a Phenom II 965 BE chip, OC'd to 3.7, and Win10 blew up as soon as it restarted after the upgrade. I backed it down to stock and it ran fine after that. I then saw that the MSI board had my DDR3 1600 RAM running at 1333 speeds, so I changed it from the UEFI and booted back into Win10 .. where it promptly blew up AGAIN ! Now, to its credit, it did gracefully recover and refresh the OS (a refresh, meaning it kept the existing profile and data, rather than a full reset that wipes everything).

I'm very used to the OS, having had a Windows based Nokia 930 phone for years now, but I have yet to install it on either my main rig or my workbench rig. It would benefit both with DirectX12, which is the hands down only reason why a gamer would be persuaded to change at this point, but I don't think I will have any choice but to upgrade come July.
                  Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
                    ...I don't think I will have any choice but to upgrade come July.
                    Not cool. Hardware sensitivity by Win10 is a problem I hadn't heard about.

I have no real info, but I believe Microsoft will extend their free upgrade offer. Win10 remains the OS they want us running, not vice versa. They have established the upgrade value as $0. if they now try to charge after July, upgrades would stop entirely.

Either way, Win7 security updates continue until Jan. 14, 2020.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                      by Apache Warrior
                      6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                    • Reply to 6 years
                      by Sirex
                      I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                      Just hit 2.5K miles...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                    • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                      by Sirex
                      Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                    • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                      by Sirex
                      Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                      by Sirex
                      Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                    Working...
                    X