New machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New machine

I am finally retiring my 6 year old desktop for a new Asus laptop. Not cutting edge by any means but maybe I can get back in the next time the Lair runs a game.

https://www.costco.com/ASUS-ROG-GL75...100315459.html

I need to replace my laptop soon and this one might do the trick.
    --Slaughter

Comment

The same model was $100 more everywhere else I looked. Hurry if you want this one though. When Costco puts the price as $XXX.97 it means closeout.

Ordered it Sunday and I'm typing this response on it now on Wednesday.

Comment

Nice price, have you tried out any game on it yet to see how it performs?
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
          The same model was $100 more everywhere else I looked. Hurry if you want this one though. When Costco puts the price as $XXX.97 it means closeout.

Ordered it Sunday and I'm typing this response on it now on Wednesday.
          Went ahead and ordered one Thursday. The it will be removal of any bloatware, re-installing programs, etc.
          --Slaughter

Comment

I've been working so much I've barely even booted it up. I did install steam and fired up Civ V which did run much much better than on my desktop.

Comment

Well, so far I really like this laptop. There's no bloatware (though I did delete "Candy Crush Saga" so maybe that counts). The system came with no manuals at all. The only paper was two pamphlets. One for safety notifications and the other for warranty info in case of any need for a return.

I've installed Steam and the UT4 pre-Alpha. I can run the graphics on UT at "Epic" level, which is awesome. For some odd reason, when I press Print Screen the actual image in the clipboard is from several seconds later. I initially thought the speakers sounded like crap until I found the Audio Wizard program which has several modes and an equalizer. Everything on that was set flat (at 0) by default.

All things considered, this was a good buy for the price.
              --Slaughter

Comment

Did you check to see if the manual is available for download. Quite a few companies offer manuals only as a download.
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                  by Apache Warrior
                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                • Reply to 6 years
                  by Sirex
                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                  by Sirex
                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                  by Sirex
                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                  by Sirex
                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                  by Apache Warrior
                  I am glad you are recovering and will soon be back in good health.
                  Apache...
                  18 Feb 2024, 05:36 AM
                Working...
                X