Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows 10?

anyone running it? Good bad ect...?

So far I have it on 3 of my six computers. It has been the fastest and easiest OS install I have ever done. Including download, less than an hour and a half. And I did not have to manually update any drivers. If it runs on Win 7 and Win 8.1 it will run on 10 and run faster.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I was going to ask the same thing. Apache, are any of those rigs overclocked? I'm wondering how it will handle it.

Her is a great resource. http://www.maximumpc.com/everything-...ndows-10-2015/

So far the only thing that I dislike is that they got rid of Windows Media Center, which I use on my HTPC. I guess I'll have to switch to XMBC.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

None are overclocked. I do not use WMC on any of the computers I upgraded but, I think XMBC is supposed to be a good choice as a replacement. Also, if you play DVDs on your computer Win 7 does not come with support for DV D playback. They are supposed to offer an app for that, but I do not know if it has been released yet.
        Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Thanks, I'm slowly cleaning up my desktop to allow for a clean install, I'm not sure how that will work if I use the upgrade. Will I be able to install windows 10 Upgrade as if it were new?

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
            ... they got rid of Windows Media Center, which I use on my HTPC. I guess I'll have to switch to XMBC.
            XMBC is now called Kodi. It is full featured, but I haven't heard anybody recommending it instead of WMC. Many people choose to leave their HTPC on Win7 to continue using WMC without any compromises. Kodi will be much better by the time Win7 reaches end of life.

Apparently, Microsoft hates WMC because it makes no profit yet has a sustained cost for user support.

Comment

I was able to get the Windows 10 Upgrade without a hitch, didn't even change my OC. I found this site that give direction how to do a clean install. http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-...ll-windows-10/

Comment

Always something fishy about a free OS. In Window's case is how much data it collects so it can feed "Cortana."

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                  Always something fishy about a free OS. In Window's case is how much data it collects so it can feed "Cortana."
                  I been pondering the same thing. Since when does Microsoft give anything away without an ulterior motive. Seems fishy. You guys maker sure you disable your webcams or they gonna be watchin you for sure. I'm gonna wait til all the dust settles and somebody comes clean. I dont know what they're up to but someone will rat em out one day.
                  [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I've now updated all my work PCs % total. The upgrade has been the easiest OS activity I've ever fiddled with.

I really like Windows 10 and recommend it to everyone.

All the best parts of Windows 8.1 without the dual interface... A little learning curve from Windows 7, very tiny learning curve from Windows 8.1

Comment

I will try my install soon. They are coming out with the windows 10 interface for my phone in a couple of months. I am curious how how well it will interface together.

Comment

Your phone, tablets and PCs should interface seamlessly with Win 10.
                        I loved XP and Win 7. Hated 8.1 on my laptop. I am loving Win 10 too.
                        Cobalt Win 10 is only being offered free for Win 7 and Win 8 users for one year. If you have not upgraded by the one year anniversary of the release of Win 10 you will have to purchase it. XP and Vista users have to purchase Win 10.
                        Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I'm on Win 7 and am just waiting a few more months before I do the upgrade so more fixes and such have been applied (it was a bit rushed to be released). More often than not, you have to make sure you have updated drivers especially for older systems.
                          --Slaughter

Comment

two of mine were older machines and updated without problems. One was an older PC that originally came with XP installed. I do have one computer that I am going to have to replace the video card if I want to update it to Win 10. Since I already have a card that works, I will probably go ahead and update it.
                            Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Windows 10 User since launched. I first upgrade but a lot of things from my win7 set up i had make it difficult to understand the purpose of win10 so i went with clean install, my windows now boots within 15sec with my SSD Cleaner and simpler and fast.

I still can't get use to "this pc"
                              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X