• Show
Clear All

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

FIRST!!!

--Slaughter

SECOND!!!!!!
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Fight with all your might to grab that discounted gift you are going to buy 5 hours after you went around the table talking about how thankful you are for what you already have!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving.
        First turkey and stuffing in the oven now..... Plus golden beets are roasted and already tasted

Comment

I am baking pies right now. One sweet potato, three pumpkin and a Raspberry with a chocolate crust.
          Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Now i have never had a sweet pototo pie. Shoot me the recipe.

Though i hope you have an apple pie.. without apple pie things are just not right.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I celebrated today by making stuffed center cut beef tenderloins wrapped in bacon. Tomorrow I travel to DFW for recurrent flight training on Friday.
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                Now i have never had a sweet pototo pie. Shoot me the recipe.

Though i hope you have an apple pie.. without apple pie things are just not right.
                Best Sweet Potato Pie

1 1/4
                cups packed (8 3/4 ounces) light brown sugar
                1 3/4
                pounds sweet potatoes, unpeeled
                1/2
                teaspoon salt
                tablespoons unsalted butter
                1/2
                teaspoon ground cinnamon
                1/4
                teaspoon ground nutmeg
                cup sour cream
                large eggs plus 2 large yolks
                tablespoons bourbon (optional)
                teaspoon vanilla extract
                Instructions

1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Roll dough into 12-inch circle on lightly floured counter. Loosely roll dough around rolling pin and gently unroll it onto 9-inch pie plate, letting excess dough hang over edge. Ease dough into plate by gently lifting edge of dough with your hand while pressing into plate bottom with your other hand.
                2. Trim overhang to ½ inch beyond lip of pie plate. Tuck overhang under itself; folded edge should be flush with edge of pie plate. Crimp dough evenly around edge of pie using your fingers. Wrap dough-lined pie plate loosely in plastic and freeze until dough is firm, about 15 minutes.
                3. Line chilled pie shell with 2 (12-inch) squares of parchment paper, letting parchment lie over edges of dough, and fill with pie weights. Bake until lightly golden around edges, 18 to 25 minutes. Carefully remove parchment and weights, rotate crust, and continue to bake until center begins to look opaque and slightly drier, 3 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven. Let crust cool completely. Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar over bottom of crust; set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
                4. Meanwhile, prick potatoes all over with fork. Microwave on large plate until potatoes are very soft and surface is slightly wet, 15 to 20 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes. Immediately slice potatoes in half to release steam. When cool enough to handle, scoop flesh into bowl of food processor. Add salt and remaining 1 cup sugar and process until smooth, about 60 seconds, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Melt butter with cinnamon and nutmeg in microwave, 15 to 30 seconds; stir to combine. Add spiced butter; sour cream; eggs and yolks; bourbon, if using; and vanilla to potatoes and process until incorporated, about 10 seconds, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
                5. Pour potato mixture into prepared pie shell. Bake until filling is set around edges but center registers 165 degrees and jiggles slightly when pie is shaken, 35 to 40 minutes. Let pie cool completely on wire rack, about 2 hours. Serve.

The food processor and the sour cream make it very creamy.
                Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                    Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I celebrated today by making stuffed center cut beef tenderloins wrapped in bacon. Tomorrow I travel to DFW for recurrent flight training on Friday.
                    Sounds delicious! Welcome back to Texas from the far left side of DFW.
                    --Slaughter

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                      by Apache Warrior
                      6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                    • Reply to 6 years
                      by Sirex
                      I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                      Just hit 2.5K miles...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                    • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                      by Sirex
                      Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                    • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                      by Sirex
                      Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                      by Sirex
                      Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                    Working...
                    X