X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NASA MMO in the making

Feature: First look at NASA's Unreal Engine 3 based MMO - Big Download Blog
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

That should....be.....interesting.....

Comment

Originally posted by Zantheus View Post
      That should....be.....interesting.....
      Dude! I think it will be very interesting. Real-life content utilization? That's just freakin nice!

I'm so tired of rescuing the fairy princess in these games.
      In fact, I was telling someone on Saturday that I wish someone would build a game around real life Police work. I mean how cool would it be to be gaming, create a team, and then go arrest douchebags.

You could start as a beat cop, then you get rank in the department, and then you can either stay there or join a new team (New Zone) and become a State Policeman.

There could be specializations like Drugs, Murder Investigator, Vice Squad, etc.

It would be fun. Real life can be more fun than the recycled flaming swords and green fire sorcery.

Comment

I totally agree with your Police Idea....I thrive on Police games Actually I still play through the Police Quest series once and awhile. Thats it man pitch the idea to a gaming Company

Comment

I wish to be a wizard with a +5 ring of charisma and a robe of overindulence (think pink striped zebras in a 3D effect), along with a flaming staff of vicissitude !!

Is this the game for meee ???
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
            I wish to be a wizard with a +5 ring of charisma and a robe of overindulence (think pink striped zebras in a 3D effect), along with a flaming staff of vicissitude !!

Is this the game for meee ???
            [ME] Yeah really. I need a new name for this weapon.
            [Buddy] Oh yeah? What is it? What does it do?
            [ME] Okay close your eyes and picture this: It's a steak knife. NO! wait! no no no - its a butter knife
            [Buddy] ooooo! I'm feelin it here.
            [ME] yeah yeah! and you see, its like got some kind of blessing on it that makes it like +17 against the roll or whatever, we have those guys on the dev team who play Dungeons and Dragons all the time- they can balance it and use the terminology, so anyways
            [Buddy] NO! WAIT! I got it- its a butter knife of Doom and Excrement! If you have a pack of butter active as a totem on your character- you do +38 damage against all people who have Baker as their profession!
            [ME] k000l!

See- and that is what I dont like about most online games today. The conversation I just made up above, well they happen on a near daily basis at the cafe downstairs because I have EA down the street, Capcom on the floor below me, and about 4 other dev studios around me.

These guys need to stop making white elf sorceresses with enhanced juggs and just make the game fun.

Comment

Hammy first i have to ask where do you work? if its not to personal...
              Also what your saying is the reason fallout hit so big it wasnt fairy and prinsesses it was mutants and guns...
              whats better a sword or a gattling gun?

Comment

I work in on the Peninsula of the San Francisco Bay.

Sega, nintendo, Sony, Capcom, EA, Lucas Arts and about 15 different developer studios are within 15 miles of my office.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,817   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

Working...
                X