Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

don't ship UPS! (if you do, just choose the cheap option)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't ship UPS! (if you do, just choose the cheap option)

Here's second day air to WI. One day to get from Memphis to Nashville...two days to get from Nashville to Louisville (knew they don't deliver on weekends: didn't know they don't ship anything, period)...hasn't departed yet. Newegg was great...same day processing and shipping. I thought I'd be building my rig today. Next time: extra cash for FEDEX.

LOUISVILLE,
    KY, US 03/30/2009 8:41 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    NASHVILLE,
    TN, US 03/30/2009 4:41 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    NASHVILLE,
    TN, US 03/28/2009 3:19 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    MEMPHIS,
    TN, US 03/27/2009 11:09 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    03/27/2009 5:23 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
    US 03/27/2009 3:02 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I use them and Fed Ex all the time. UPS has gone down hill. I had to ship a heavy 15 gallon drum ground from Louisiana and Fed Ex charged half of what UPS would have.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

[never mind the notes, I was reading it top to bottom, the carrier notes are bottom to top]

What they are doing is showing you the first scans, which all carriers do. So they are giving you the impression that you are recieving that first day.

The day one Departure Scan on the 27th is a "setup" for the next day. Also, what your commerce provider isnt telling you is this:

It costs twice as much to ship anything prior to 10am on any day of the week.

Trust me, I know this working in supply chain systems technology. If you direct ship anything before 10am, for next day air lets just say, you pay like $50+, versus just $20+ for the same delivery. The pre 10am and Pre-noon hours are HIGH profit hours for all Shipping Carriers.

So this isnt really UPS's problem, sounds like Newegg is setting the impression but not really having the shipment picked up until after Noon (denoting the 3:23PM )

At that point, all new shipments will route for the following day.

Honestly Skud, I understand your frustration, but Newegg simply is passing the cost onto you with FedEx and refusing to do the same with UPS. If you pay for it, UPS will do the exact same thing as FedEX, but I am betting that NewEgg has a better relationship with FedEx because UPS is kicking their butts on Domestic carrier solutions.

I can go into deeper details on all of this, but I dont think you need the encyclopedia version.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
        your notes are a bit out of order, but that looks like a typical 2 day delivery.

Honestly Skud, I understand your frustration, but Newegg simply is passing the cost onto you with FedEx and refusing to do the same with UPS. If you pay for it, UPS will do the exact same thing as FedEX, but I am betting that NewEgg has a better relationship with FedEx because UPS is kicking their butts on Domestic carrier solutions.

I can go into deeper details on all of this, but I dont think you need the encyclopedia version.
        Yeah, I know some of this...but I want it now! The notes were out of order, but were as I copied them and pasted them from their tracking site. Mostly I just wanted to vent. But still, 4 days to go from TN to KY...as I said, might as well just go the cheapest route...unless it comes in pieces. I really wanted to play some games tonight: my night off.

Comment

It does pay to upgrade if you are in a hurry and lets face it if you are waiting for parts to build a machine then every second counts. I hope you get them soon. Don't forget the detail of your build and pics in the Lab.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

heh

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
            It does pay to upgrade if you are in a hurry and lets face it if you are waiting for parts to build a machine then every second counts. I hope you get them soon. Don't forget the detail of your build and pics in the Lab.
            If my subscription (Lair) comes in, I will post pics...but I know you're a stickler for wiring! (I do, at least, have a modular psu). Anyway, the build won't be anything amazing...new mobo, cpu, video card...but it'll give me a chance to clean up the corners inside my case and, hopefully, I can get it to boot up without too much trouble (my knowledge is quite limited, though I have had 2 successful builds). We'll see how it goes.

Comment

I'd never touch UPS. They have a really bad rep in the UK for treating your items like footballs. No matter how well they're packaged they usually turn up broken.

Comment

thanks Juneau

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                I'd never touch UPS. They have a really bad rep in the UK for treating your items like footballs. No matter how well they're packaged they usually turn up broken.
                A comforting thought for the expectant father of a new baby computer!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                  I use them and Fed Ex all the time. UPS has gone down hill. I had to ship a heavy 15 gallon drum ground from Louisiana and Fed Ex charged half of what UPS would have.
                  Apache
                  Drums, huh? Shipping body parts around?

I don't mind UPS, but I don't ship out, just receive.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Ultrasonic Cleaning Fluid.
                    Also, I have had one shipment stolen and another broken into with UPS. Fed Ex has never lost a package or part of one for me.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

i havent got any problem with ups, every time i order from newegg, the shipping i usually choose is normal shipping and it come next day. . always on time with ups..perfect condition. plus i know the guy who delivered it.
                      Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,817   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 3
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

Working...
                      X