Chrevron owns 25% of my company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrevron owns 25% of my company

Heres a little video they put together showing why they own a percentage of us as well as other companies

Chevron - Emerging Energy

Nice! Give it time and the government will own a percentage as well.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
      Heres a little video they put together showing why they own a percentage of us as well as other companies

Chevron - Emerging Energy

are you upset about that?

I mean Energy Companies are interested in ANYTHING energy. Chevron has been in coal, oil, nat gas forever. Renewable energy is a strategic step isnt it?

I think it's fantastic that they have invested in you since you are a start-up. It gives you fiscal protections that many do not have. Put it this way from a business perspective, they dont care about how much money they lose when they invest in you if they think you can make it happen. So they could lose $1B in investing over 20 years if in the end you become VERY successful, and be happy with that while writing it off as a cost of doing business.

An investment from Chevron is a blessing

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
        are you upset about that?

I mean Energy Companies are interested in ANYTHING energy. Chevron has been in coal, oil, nat gas forever. Renewable energy is a strategic step isnt it?

I think it's fantastic that they have invested in you since you are a start-up. It gives you fiscal protections that many do not have. Put it this way from a business perspective, they dont care about how much money they lose when they invest in you if they think you can make it happen. So they could lose $1B in investing over 20 years if in the end you become VERY successful, and be happy with that while writing it off as a cost of doing business.

An investment from Chevron is a blessing

Exactly so Hammy. The other thing that is interesting is that they use our systems. So when ever they request features be added they uhhh usually get them. I failed to mention that out of the three companies profiled in that movie mine is Blue Arc. In fact the movie shows our QA lab.....though sadly not my test setup sigh....no fame for me.

Comment

So, does this mean you'll be changing your screen name to Techron?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,817   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

Working...
          X