U.S beats #1 team in the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U.S beats #1 team in the World

Minervaaaaaa! I had to do it after you and your Barcelona team.

The United States produced an inspired performance to shock Spain and send the European Champions, unbeaten in 35 games, crashing out of the Confederations Cup at the semi-final stage. Goals from Jozy Altidore and Clint Dempsey gave the U.S. a deserved victory and a place in the tournament's final.
    Spain vs United States - Confederations Cup
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
    - Dom Helder Camara

Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

omg!!!
      K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
      sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

People who follow Football/soccer, what does this actually mean in terms of great world upsets?

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
          People who follow Football/soccer, what does this actually mean in terms of great world upsets?

-Rand

Seriously, is this a real upset? I don't follow that sport.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Spain had a 35 game unbeaten streak going, and had won the previous 13 games. In those 35 games, 25 of them were shutouts.
            "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
            - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Originally posted by H0ly-H@nd-Gr3nade View Post
              Spain had a 35 game unbeaten streak going, and had won the previous 13 games. In those 35 games, 25 of them were shutouts.
              Go U.S.A.
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!

Comment

pwned
                Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Nice work! I am sure it will be motivating for both squads.
                  The margins in Soccer/football are such that the line between the very good and the 'elite' is a fine one that can get muddied in the course of a game. It happens, but not particularly often.

Comment

woot

Comment

ok ok.... you can feel the winning emotion, FOR ONCE!!
                      K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                      sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

When I first heard the score, I thought it was a flashback to our womens team with Mia Hamm still playing

Ya know what they say, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often.
                        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
                          ok ok.... you can feel the winning emotion, FOR ONCE!!
                          Hehehehehehe.

I think if this were the World Cup it definitely wouldn't of happened. Did Spain field their strongest team?

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                            Go U.S.A.
                            Team America World Police song(thats slightly inappropriate for the forums)

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin_Jack View Post
                              Team America World Police song(thats slightly inappropriate for the forums)
                              lol it's also slightly inappropriate to have as a song stuck in my head during my class which I am in right now :P
                              Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                                by newiron09
                                BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                                15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                              • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                                by newiron09
                                Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                                15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                              Working...
                              X