Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does BLUE Ray come with the COOL packaging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ViTO View Post
    FTW...

Now that is what you call HUMOR, children. Great work as always, ViTO!!
    [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
    <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
      In answer to your topic ...Because dorks like you will pay more for it.
      I'm not THAT dorky. :P

Comment

As a huge Trekkie (probably evident from my post about the Klingon kid ) I went to pick up the limited edition folding ship package at Target yesterday. When I got there that edition was $30 and the regular BluRay was only $20. Being light on funds, I went with the regular packaging.

So, you can get BluRays for $20 bucks!
        [hlx]

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_Tighlon View Post
          As a huge Trekkie (probably evident from my post about the Klingon kid ) I went to pick up the limited edition folding ship package at Target yesterday. When I got there that edition was $30 and the regular BluRay was only $20. Being light on funds, I went with the regular packaging.

So, you can get BluRays for $20 bucks!
          The fancy packaging was only Blu Ray, right?

Really? I thought the stupid Blu Rays were always 10 bucks more expensive than the DVD's (another reason I won't go blu-ray, if they kept them both the same price , I probably would've gotten a blue ray player)

Comment

Yes, the fancy stuff was BluRay only.

There were also some fancy offers and discounts for pre-ordering it a few months back. I remember with Amazon you got a set of the uniform badges.
            [hlx]

Comment

The price difference between new release DVDs and Blu-Rays continues to fall every week. The 4-disc Blu-Ray of Up was only $2.00 more than the 2-disc DVD version last week in some stores.

I won't buy some movies on Blu (and even a few recent ones I would want on DVD, like Crank 2) because they are too expensive, but the titles I'm looking for tend to be comparable, and I know there are sales in the future for titles I've held off on (or the chance to receive as X-mas gifts this time of year).

It no longer makes sense to hold off on Blu because of software pricing. Look around, and you can find a number of titles for 9.99.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_T0NY View Post
                The fancy packaging was only Blu Ray, right?

Really? I thought the stupid Blu Rays were always 10 bucks more expensive than the DVD's (another reason I won't go blu-ray, if they kept them both the same price , I probably would've gotten a blue ray player)
                Target has the packaging for DVD too.

I usually check out the "price drops" and "top deals" section of blu-ray.com for prices but as you can see even new releases on BD are going for 16.99-19.99 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                  +1 except I keep my discs organized in disc organizers.
                  Apache
                  I have found many of the lesser brands will SCRATCH the hell out of your discs, though you may have found that out or been told already since the dawn of the disc.

That is pretty lame ET, that one version is basically a collectors item and the other is not.
                  Someone is favoring Blueray.

Comment

collector items in the form of packaging is not a big sell for me. I mean I take em out of the dvd case and putt em in a binder anyway

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                    Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                      by newiron09
                      BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                      15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                    • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                      by newiron09
                      Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                      15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                    Working...
                    X