I need to learn to be mean :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to learn to be mean :)

I recently went back to school. I'm doing the online thing for my BA in Business Administration. The way it works is, I do 1 and sometimes 2 classes every 4 weeks. It's called a fast track program. My first class was Psychology, I finished with a B+ and my second class was Eng and once again, I finished with a B+. Starting Mon., I get to take Business Math.

Well, this is my issue. I've worked freaking hard. Since starting, my Grandma had surgery to remove part of her colon and we found out she has cancer. I also lost a cousin in this time. I made it through the holidays with my family and I still managed to get my assignments finished on time.

A supposed friend of mine is just finishing up her Psychology class (it's the mandatory first class). On week 2, she calls and asks me how I did one of my assignments. It was a little complicated and so I just e-mailed it to her so she could look it over and get an idea of how to do it. Week 3 rolls around. Now it's Thanksgiving. For the Psych class, you had to do a research paper and interview someone. It had to be APA formatted, a bibliography and a title page. Well, "the friend" shows up the Fri after Thanksgiving and wants me to print out my paper and give it to her so she "could get an idea of how to do it". She claimed that with Thanksgiving she didn't have time.

So then fast forward to tonight. All I had left to do was my final exam. I started working on it and doing great. She shows up. Now I can't save and continue, I had to finish it. She comes in my room with her kid, just going on and on about stupid stuff. So I asked her what she wanted. Once again, her final assignment she was unsure of how to do it. I put my paper on the network so she could check it out off of my son's computer. I noticed that when she went in the room to check it out, she had a tablet. I thought no, she's not copying it, she wouldn't do that.

Well in the end, she did save her assignment on my son's computer because she went ahead and posted it before she left. I checked it out and she did copy my paper. She didn't copy it word for word but it was pretty freaking close.

WOW.. What a friend.. Right?! I feel like a complete idiot. More so because I told her about the college. We both have Math starting Mon but with different instructors. I figured we could work together to help each other out but not now. I've worked freaking hard (ask darth). Well sorry all for the book but I really needed to vent.
    So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
    A superstar in my eyes!

Venting is a good thing.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

If she is doing this to you, you are not a friend to her. She is using you. It is also possible you could get into trouble if they discover that your papers are similar. You should report her to her professor.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
        If she is doing this to you, you are not a friend to her. She is using you. It is also possible you could get into trouble if they discover that your papers are similar. You should report her to her professor.
        Apache
        This.
        Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
          Apache
          Well Lady, I cannot tell you how many times this has happened to me. After the 15th time I just stopped lending my paperwork to ANYBODY, even my bff. (I now sell extra paper work I do )
          People think that because they are close they could use you. Don't even think about the consequences. I almost had a 0 on a HW once because a friend coppied mine. THANK GOD the teacher came to talk to me and asked me to explain, since I had always had As and my friend not .
          Think like this... Friends are friends, money, business and paperwork apart . It's kind of hard for people to draw the line on those subjects with friends. Besides it's always awkward to charge people, fight with them because of work and because of homework.
          Besides, I thought it was disrespectful what she did to you, imho. I know you work really hard for that, and it means a lot to you. It should mean as much to her so she would work as hard too.
          [CENTER]
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[url="http://www.gametracker.com/server/67.222.138.115:19567/player/Queen%20B%20%7BCLR%7D/" target="_blank"][IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/player/Queen%20B%20%7BCLR%7D/67.222.138.115:19567/b_560x95.png[/IMG][/URL]

[u]Cain's Lair[/u]
          [I]"You'll come for the games, but you'll stay for the people"[/I]
          (at least I did)

Want to know how to become a {CLR}?
          [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/showthread.php?t=2021"][b]click here![/b][/URL]

Donate [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"][b]here[/b][/URL]

[b][u][URL="http://beatrizyumi.deviantart.com"]My DeviantArt page[/URL][/b][/u]
          [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by apache Warrior View Post
            if She Is Doing This To You, You Are Not A Friend To Her. She Is Using You. It Is Also Possible You Could Get Into Trouble If They Discover That Your Papers Are Similar. You Should Report Her To Her Professor.
            Apache
            +1 C Y A!
            [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

A true friend would not put you in this predicament in the first place...she is using you even if she won't admit it to you or even to herself. You have to look after you first, because you don't want to lose out in the long run because she is being stupid (sorry can't think of anything other than that to describe her doing this). Either talk to her about it or, what I do, be sneaky about what you let her see of yours. I once had some wrong answers I put on a paper because I had a hard headed friend but couldn't be mean enough to say enough. Actually that isn't being mean, that is being an adult. Wish I had known then what I know now.
              Your work is yours and yours alone. Help is one thing, copying is stealing your work.
              Good luck with this and class in the future...

Comment

Yes she is no friend...to put you in jepordy of being expelled from your Course and never being accepted again into anything...get rid of her

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                  by newiron09
                  BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                  15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                  by newiron09
                  Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                  15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                Working...
                X