Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear trashes car

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/23/col...ex.html?hpt=T2

Lol. I'd definitely stay clear when that thing split the scene! That's a pretty good sized bear.

We have some black bears up by our land. They've torn apart some bird houses, ripped them right off the post, to get to the nests, and tore up the tire stack we have filled with sand at the 50 yard spot where we shoot, because the fire ants nest in there and I'm guessing they wanted their eggs...they tossed those tires all over the place.

At any rate, it's cool to know that they're around, and their population is doing well, but I tell you what, I do keep a pistol at my side when walking around in the evening and such! I'm glad we don't have grizzlys (they're a bit more aggressive) like some of you out west probably do! Again, they'd be cool to see, but I wouldn't want to get too close.

My mom has home videos of them feeding the bears from their cars in Yellowstone. Little did they know the problems they were going to cause later on.

A few weeks ago, south side of Yellowstone, a few miles outside the park. Some group (I can't remember the name) had to tag a bear. They did it not even 5 miles from cabins where people lived year round. Nobody was notified of what was going on. Some guy goes for a walk and ends up running into the bear that had been tagged. The bear killed him and then in the end, they euthanized the bear for attacking the man. This could of been prevented if the group in question would of notified the surrounding area.

In Yellowstone, a very popular camp site, the idiots kept feeding a bear. They ended up euthanizing that one too since the bear kept going back to the camp ground looking for food.

I would guess their will be more problems here shortly. The fish and game is going to put up traps, baiting grizzly bears so that they can tape their behavior. They said that the places they are going to do it will be well marked and to be cautious. It's something they need to do since the grizzly bear is on the endangered list. Regardless of how well marked it's going to be, there are still going to be some idiots that want to check and you know the outcome isn't going to be good. The area it's happening in, is a GREAT BIG ONE. All our camping spots are close by and so needless to say, I'm not going to go. Yes I'm a chicken but it's the bears territory.

I'm glad that story had a better outcome. The family recognized what they did wrong. Nobody was hurt and they let the bear go.
    So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
    A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Yes, it stinks when the bears have to pay for the people's mistakes. There are certain things one can do to minimize the risk (ie., string food in trees a ways away from the campsite, make noise when travelling so hopefully the bears keep clear, and, for sure, don't feed them, lol!). I don't do much walking around at night in the woods, but when I do, like I said, I keep a sidearm, at least...wouldn't shoot a bear unless I had to because I think they're cool (one of my brother's in-laws was asking about hunting them...luckily he lives out of state [Illinois ] and getting a license and such would be too much work, or at least that's how my bro explained it so he kind of dropped the subject), but still, if the unexpected happens, I'd at least like to put up a little resistance.

It's good that this one got away. Hopefully he/she doesn't expect PBJs in every parked car it sees.

Comment

Wow, I think that car would definitely be a good place for a stick up.
        [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
        Like the community? Donate here:
        [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by DougBob View Post
          Wow, I think that car would definitely be a good place for a stick up.
          Lol, yeah. "New car", "Fresh pine" or "Green Apple"? Definitely green apple.

Comment

Do not even mess with bears ever. They can peel open a car like a banana I've seen it. The also can take out a man no problem

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,817   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

Working...
            X