chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chili

Was bout to head out and get all of the fixin's to make chili and was wondering what everybody here uses in their's?

We use...

2 lb's of beef
    1 onion (diced)
    2 large cans of diced tomatoes
    2 large cams of tomato sauce
    2 small cans of beans
    1 green pepper (diced)
    1 clove of garlic
    spaghetti noodles
    2 bay leaves
    Chili powder (to taste)
    salt and pepper
    a tsp of chili garlic sauce

This generally makes enough for at least 2 bowl fulls for 4 people IIRC.

edit: Left out something in the recipe
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Well it seems we have two love's in common... Scooter and Chili. A few things ive added to my chili over the years. Try them out.

I brown my ground beef in lea & perrins sauce. (worcestershire sauce) I use one 142ml bottle for 5 pounds of extra lean ground beef.

I use cumin, garlic, cinnamon, paprika as other spices for my chili.

Have you ever added chicken to your chili? I use 3 pounds of chicken for the 5 pounds of ground beef. The combination is awesome. If you want my recipe ill pm it you, let me know.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Well it seems we have two love's in common... Scooter and Chili. A few things ive added to my chili over the years. Try them out.

I brown my ground beef in lea & perrins sauce. (worcestershire sauce) I use one 142ml bottle for 5 pounds of extra lean ground beef.

I use cumin, garlic, cinnamon, red chili , sugar, and paprika as other spices for my chili.

Have you ever added chicken to your chili? I use 3 pounds of chicken for the 5 pounds of ground beef. The combination is awesome. If you want my recipe ill pm it to you, let me know.

Comment

needs some crushed hot pepers
        and cheese and sourcream on top and mashed potatoes underneith

Comment

Originally posted by minfootball
          Would if the wife liked them and they didn't give me heartburn.... And as for the cheese, I left that out because really it's optional, some people like their chili with cheese, some don't. Same goes with the spaghetti as well I guess.

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre
          Hum, I may try that when I make it. I've for some Worcestershire sauce around, around 3/4th of a bottle. Wonder how much I would need for 2 lb's of beef.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR}seikoAF
            Originally posted by minfootball
            Would if the wife liked them and they didn't give me heartburn.... And as for the cheese, I left that out because really it's optional, some people like their chili with cheese, some don't. Same goes with the spaghetti as well I guess.

Hum, I may try that when I make it. I've for some Worcestershire sauce around, around 3/4th of a bottle. Wonder how much I would need for 2 lb's of beef.
            about 40-45 ml

Comment

about 40-45 ml
              woot.

Comment

Carrol Shelby's Chili Mix FTW.

Comment

Wendy's Chili:

2 Lbs ground beef

1- 10oz can french onion soup

1- 21oz can red kidney beans- undrained

1- 6oz can tomato paste

1- 8oz can tomato sauce

1 TBS chili powder

1 TBS cumin

1/2 tsp pepper

few drops tabasco sauce

Cook the ground beef until well done. Mix all other ingrediants and simmer for a few hours.

Besides Nalley, this is the only kind of chili we'll eat. However, I'm not sure how close to the actual Wendy's chili it is, I've never tried there chili.
                  So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
                  A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

I use beef chunks not ground beef. I also use dark beer, garlic, peppers and other misc. ingredients. I brown the beef first and the resulting fond really adds a lot of flavor.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,829   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                    Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                      by newiron09
                      BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                      15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                    • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                      by newiron09
                      Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                      15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                    Working...
                    X