Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing like a wind to bring clean air... and chaos

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7178363.stm

Scotlands been hit by a strong gale force wind since late last night around 2pm eastern time (7pm here).

Since that time it has already started to take its effect on utilities and local residents.

Five Articulated lorries have been over turned on one of Scotlands busiest Motorways (Interstate/Freeway) the M74, this will be the cause of many delays.
    Add to this the closure of 2 of the Main bridges in the central west, can be sure there is lots of confusion this morning.

Power has been lost in around 10,000 homes on the west, and an additional 800 in Tayside.
    One of scotland major power investors are working to redirect power where possible, but repairs can not be done until the winds calm down.

Roofs have been taken off one of Dundee university buildings causing people to be moved from one side to another during the night, also several other buildings throughout Scotland.

Add in the factor of fallen trees, long valleys and high areas, can be sure most of the people north of Glasgow and on the western isles have been urged to stay at home where possible.

On the bright side some School kids will be loving it this morning as schools on the western isles and other effected areas are closed for the day.

Fortunately here in Ayrshire our winds are only at 70% of the speed of those more north of us, and the worst thats happened is my trash can lids have went on holiday, but the winds where strong enough to blow over an old washing machine and push it for about 10m at one point.

Forecasters say the wind will ease throughout the day, but can be sure the chaos will be around for a few weeks as power loss and damage buildings are left in its wake.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
    ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Oh Joy... Glad your OK Mate.
    ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I am glad that you are safe.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
        by newiron09
        BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
        15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
      • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
        by newiron09
        Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
        15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
      Working...
      X