forum sigs(a bit of a rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forum sigs(a bit of a rant)

i know that many people have gone wide screen so this probably doesn't bother them. i use a resolution of 1280x1024 for my desktop. that's the native res of the monitor.

when people have double sigs, side by side it breaks the forum page for me. i really hate having to scroll side to side to follow a thread.

Re: forum sigs(a bit of a rant)

Originally posted by drunken_chef
    i know that many people have gone wide screen so this probably doesn't bother them. i use a resolution of 1280x1024 for my desktop. that's the native res of the monitor.

when people have double sigs, side by side it breaks the forum page for me. i really hate having to scroll side to side to follow a thread.
    +1
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

+1
      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

i second this.
        Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Witch hunt !! We shall hunt down these monster sig offenders and make sure they are punished to the full extent of the law.

Sorry, I went a bit overboard there .... I despise big sig pics. But its all the rage amongst the young'uns these days. Soon we shall see bellbottoms and polyester suits making a daring comeback. Young'uns, I was IM'img back in 1997, years before some of you were even ONLINE !!

OK, I now feel old for having said that ... ohh, about the rant .. 9/10 - I strongly agree.
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget
            Witch hunt !! We shall hunt down these monster sig offenders and make sure they are punished to the full extent of the law.

Sorry, I went a bit overboard there .... I despise big sig pics. But its all the rage amongst the young'uns these days. Soon we shall see bellbottoms and polyester suits making a daring comeback. Young'uns, I was IM'img back in 1997, years before some of you were even ONLINE !!

OK, I now feel old for having said that ... ohh, about the rant .. 9/10 - I strongly agree.
            DEATH BEFORE DISCO!
            [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

you do know in firefox you can just easly block the images. That should fix any layout breaks you have.

Comment

Perhaps a friendly "Please place your sigs atop each other, not side by side" will do? It's a little better to do some vertical scrolling and being able to read than to have to side scroll in every topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Premonition
                  you do know in firefox you can just easly block the images. That should fix any layout breaks you have.
                  lol, i knew someone would say that. believe it or not some people don't use FF.

i can close my eyes when someone tries to show me a disagreeable picture. it doesn't make them any less rude though

Comment

I have a double sig. And I dont mean to be a jerk about it. But I dont think there is a RULE about it.

So I will keep it untill I see one added.

Baller
                    [url=http://2142-stats.com/baller4life+stats.html][img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/baller4life_player_650.png[/img][/url]
                    [url=www.cainslair.com][img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/baller4life2468/bf2142sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Comment

I have 3...

is mine too big?

Comment

Originally posted by baller4life2468
                        I have a double sig. And I dont mean to be a jerk about it. But I dont think there is a RULE about it.

So I will keep it untill I see one added.

Baller
                        i'm talking about sigs that stretch the forums width

Comment

I remember we had a discussion like this earlier, although there is no rule, we all agreed it's best to keep one. Baller, I don't mind yours. It's a lil big, but what we all hate is when we have to scroll down a ton on a bunch of images not many people care to look at 1000 times

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef
                            Originally posted by Premonition
                            lol, i knew someone would say that. believe it or not some people don't use FF.

i can close my eyes when someone tries to show me a disagreeable picture. it doesn't make them any less rude though
                            well someone had to say it so i just wanted to be first! Thats my story and im sticking to it

But really if you dont use firefox you should! If you didnt know about the blocker, you should, its really cool to have. If your using explorer get firefox now!

But if my siggy makes any one mad for being to big to long or what ever.... feel free to shoot me a pm and let me know whats wrong with it. Like what res its becomes to large or to long or what ever. Im not good with photoshop so i misjudge stuff and i only 1 res so it might be messed up to someone else.

I know id rather know whats wrong with my siggy so i can try and fix it or ill look for vito to help me.

Comment

Originally posted by killa_zn
                              I have 3...

is mine too big?
                              I don't think so. I use 1280 x 960 resolution, and your's barely pass half-way through the post (width-wise).

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                                by newiron09
                                BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                                15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                              • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                                by newiron09
                                Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                                15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                              Working...
                              X