so what do yall do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minfootball
    both formerly worked at Jewel Osco (grocery store)
    now we are poor college kids looking for jobs
    Originally posted by omfg karl marx
    If anyone happens to need a good IT guy in Western PA, gimme a call. I'm about ready to lose it working at Target.
    Not sure what "crappy pay" is in PA, but if you consider $8.00 - $8.50 to be decent, possibly check into Work-Study at your college? There's another student worker I speak with a lot, and she said her old school paid only about $6.00 for student workers, but I'm working as a student working currently making $8.25, with a $.25 raise every 4 months (okay, not too exciting, but steady raise = nice). There may be some IT positions...

Best of luck to both of you, though. Kenshin and I were job searching for 2 months before we landed our current student worker positions. I didn't have a problem with pay...all the employers simply had a problem with hiring twins. But when you've only got one car...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Needle
      Hey Trooper, You guys host some of my servers for me in your Dallas and Mechanicsburg data centers. Know Stephen Erwin or Dennis McGuire?
      I work out of the Mechanicsburg center, don't know those names though, I'll see who they are in the company directory on Monday
      [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
      [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by paceman
        Senior Systems Engineer
        Mainline Information Systems

Mainline is THE premier IBM business parter. Meaning we sell everything IBM makes.

I work on "Mainframes".
        Linux
        z/OS
        z/VSE
        z/VM

EEEEEWWWWWWw AIX

Comment

Originally posted by Tails_Kitsune
          Not sure what "crappy pay" is in PA, but if you consider $8.00 - $8.50 to be decent, possibly check into Work-Study at your college? There's another student worker I speak with a lot, and she said her old school paid only about $6.00 for student workers, but I'm working as a student working currently making $8.25, with a $.25 raise every 4 months (okay, not too exciting, but steady raise = nice). There may be some IT positions...

Best of luck to both of you, though. Kenshin and I were job searching for 2 months before we landed our current student worker positions. I didn't have a problem with pay...all the employers simply had a problem with hiring twins. But when you've only got one car...
          Minimum wage is $7.15/hour and I'm getting paid $7.25/hour. The killer, however, is the work. It's incredibly boring and monotonous. I'd much rather be doing something interesting. As far as work study goes, it's considered a part of financial aid. As of last year, my family had too much money for me to participate in it. (I had a bit of money saved, but that's all gone now.) Hopefully after this year's FAFSA, I could get in, but I kinda doubt it.

Comment

I fold maps. You know, those maps you get at gas stations that are folded so neatly with crisp edges - that's what I do at the map factory, fold those.

Just kidding... I actually tape the staws on the sides of WD-40 cans. I use to put the nozzle's on, but that takes young, steady hands and I'm getting old so they demoted me to the straw taping .

No, really I'm a midwife and sell propane and propane accessories on the side.

Truth: Sofware Engineer for Unisys Corporation. But I just love telling people I do the things above.
            [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
            <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by ObiTroy69
              No, really I'm a midwife and sell propane and propane accessories on the side.
              Lol, I was trying to work out a connection with pregnant women and gas. There is definately a link there
              Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

13 year Dodge dealer mechanic.

Comment

1 year and 1/2 as a custodian @

Comment

I work for Quality Control and I am the official XXL size tester in a condom factory. Trojan has some good employee benefits. I have a selection of swimsuit models that are my employees that I use for assistance with testing the condoms.

Comment

student at Sam Houston State Universtiy

www.shsu.edu

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                        by newiron09
                        BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                        15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                      • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                        by newiron09
                        Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                        15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                      Working...
                      X