EA losses, delays BF:BC and other games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EA losses, delays BF:BC and other games

EA has reported a 17 percent rise in sales for its fiscal Q3, reaching a quarterly record, but the firm posted a quarterly loss.
    ImageSales of Rock Band, Need for Speed: Pro Street, FIFA 08, The Simpsons Game, Madden NFL 08, The Sims 2: Castaway and NBA Live 08 drove sales for the quarter ending in December to $1.5 billion, up from $1.3 billion for the same period a year ago.

Gross profit for Redwood City, Calif.-based EA was $721 million, an 11 percent decrease. Net loss for the quarter was $33 million, down from net income of $160 from a year ago.

EA said that Need for Speed: Pro Street sold 5.5 million units during the quarter; FIFA 08 sold 4.5 million during the quarter, making it EA's best-selling title year-to-date; Rock Band sold 1.5 million copies across three platforms; and The Simpsons Game sold 4 million copies.

EA delayed the two high-profile fiscal Q4 titles into fiscal 2009, Battlefield: Bad Company and Mercenaries 2, the latter coming from recently-acquired Pandemic.

The publisher now expects net revenue for the quarter ending March 31 to be between $925 million and $1.05 billion. EA expects loss per share between 33 cents and 52 cents.

Full-year fiscal forecasts call for net revenues between $3.46 billion and $3.59 billion, compared to previous forecasts of $3.35 billion to $3.65 billion.

Loss per share for the full year is projected to be between $1.48 and $1.67.

The firm opted not to provide fiscal 2009 forecasts at this time.
    http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...=8930&Itemid=2

Welp bad news for the battlefield fans who where looking forward to bad company.

Check out Fuel of War. It plays squads like Battlefield but is set around 20 years in the future. Flying drones and rc controlled mini gun platforms are unlocks I believe.

Comment

You know- I work in Corporate America, and I do quite a bit of analysis.

I have a sincere problem with any corporation that runs its' business at a loss despite having 6 of the top 10 products sold in gaming for 2007.

One number I saw last year was the sheer franchise value of their sports franchise. How in the hell do you operate at a loss?

My assumption, unqualified at best, is that they are bloating marketing while diminishing development time. We're getting average games out of them in my opinion, and I would like them to return to the excellent range.

Investing in development and reducing their marketing efforts would definitely fix these financial values.

Comment

Originally posted by AngryHamster
        You know- I work in Corporate America, and I do quite a bit of analysis.

I have a sincere problem with any corporation that runs its' business at a loss despite having 6 of the top 10 products sold in gaming for 2007.

One number I saw last year was the sheer franchise value of their sports franchise. How in the hell do you operate at a loss?

My assumption, unqualified at best, is that they are bloating marketing while diminishing development time. We're getting average games out of them in my opinion, and I would like them to return to the excellent range.

Investing in development and reducing their marketing efforts would definitely fix these financial values.
        EA is finally reaping what they've been so eager to sow over the past years.

I couldn't find the original rendition of this, so I redid this telling spoof of EA's old slogan. Although I think there is a chance EA might be turning the corner towards less evil, the proof will always be in the pudding.

Comment

WHAT!!!
          I was looking forward to Bad Company

I know it might have been another mediocre game with nothing but ads... but I would have liked blowing buildings to smithereens... with their inhabitants inside

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,817   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse