No announcement yet.

Police vs youth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True. I was taught by my parents, as I'm sure everyone here was, to respect Officers and to address them as sir. I have seen a few police officers, Sheriff deputies and Federal Agents lose their cool over very silly things, such as someone arguing with them or calling them names. The law is very clear however that anyone can say anything they want to you, they don't have to call you sir. They can call you and your mother anything they want. But until they have committed a crime that allows you to put your hands on them you cannot touch them! And in all the policies I have seen in place you cannot threaten to beat or harm a subject, unless of course the situation is such that warrants that... i.e. the subject has a weapon or has threatened to harm you. I know that in a case where someone threatens me with physical harm I can arrest them. I have met a lot of people I just wanted to throw to the ground and beat them into a bloody pulp. But you just can't do it. We uphold the law, which includes protecting freedom of speech and civil liberties. Thankfully almost all of my fellow Agents and the other local departments I have worked with have been honest, patient, hard working men and women.

I do wonder in the video where this officer's partner was, if he had one. He appears to be a bicycle officer. Normally they are in pairs. If I was his partner I would have quietly told him to back away and that I would take over. You need to watch each others back. It's a dangerous world out their. Not just from those who try to kill you or attack you physically, but from those that just want to get you angry and into a situation that looks really bad on tape. Anyway, that's current rant for the hour!

Comment

... Just saw this on Fox News, let more ranting commence!!!!!!!
      http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330462,00.html

Comment

that's just wrong.

Comment

That is just plain horrible to see that cop grab that kid like he did

As for the 2nd police story. That's just sick. I can't believe that that sheriff's department would be so stupid to not think a paraplegic could drive. I'm still in shock over how horrible that man was treated and I hope that that woman or man, whatever the hell it was, gets whats coming to them.
          So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
          A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Well I agree with all of our LEO's postings. One thing strikes me though. It's is possible for an officer to exert control on a situation without losing control or being abusive just by demeanor alone. I've seen it done...hell I've done it and I'm not a cop. The problem here is that when the cop finally got the kids attention the kid was pretty much compliant with whatever the cop asked him to do. At that point the cop should have eased up. Not doing so only reinforces a bad cop stereo type in all of those kids.

Comment

I agree with most of the postings here.

I think kids these days are out of line. I think the rules for them are so very easy and slack that it leads them to what we have today. BUT...the cop was WAY out of line in what he did.

He was on a power trip. Upset at something else that happened and big tough officer rivieri decided to take out his bad day on a 14 year old kid.

This person (he is not an officer, he is a thug with a badge) is nothing more than a bully.

I have so many issues with cops, it aint funny.

Friend of mine was stopped by a cop and given a ticket for not wearing his seatbelt. Thing is, he WAS wearing the seatbelt. $110 right there. Then when he told the cop, "Officer, I am wearing the seatbelt", he slapped him with another $110 for lying to a cop with 3 points offof his liscence.

Total power trip
              [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
              So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Question... is the dude cop really a cop? Or is he some sort of park security? I don't know many cops with yellow jackets, driving a clown car and twirling their keys as they talk to someone..

disgruntled cop working a crappy job?

Comment

Originally posted by Variable_az
                  ... Just saw this on Fox News, let more ranting commence!!!!!!!
                  http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330462,00.html

Another poor decision by an unthinking officer-

Common problem for the law enforcement side is that THEY do not swallow their pride.

To Protect and Serve

Serving the community means understanding everyone has a different point of view and remaining emotionally neutral.

The cop with the kids and this cop with the parapalegic made HUGE mistakes when they allowed emotion to enter the arena.

You cant do that on so many levels. Add the two things we have seen so far, and then insert another situation: a seemingly passive person with bi-polar disorder or other mental issues. You come at them with any sort of energy and you can unbalance them.

What you can be left with is a situation that is now going to take additional force to control - when it simply wasnt necessary.

I understand why the man in the chair was taken out of it- he already tried to flee. But CMON! use your bean counter!!!! Lock the wheels. Carefully remove him. If he soiled himself on purpose- its nothing you havent had to deal with on the street before- and if you cant handle feces and urine- how can you handle murder scenes or other situations where you need to pay attention to control and correction?

For all of you kids out there considering military or law enforcement careers- pay attention to these stories as if you were in a class room. They are not "not how to get caught" stories- they are "how to make the right decisions"

Emotions in these jobs will FORCE you to make decisions that you would otherwise not make. I refuse to believe that these officers are like this on a regular basis. Less than 5% are abrasive in most departments in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky
                    Question... is the dude cop really a cop? Or is he some sort of park security? I don't know many cops with yellow jackets, driving a clown car and twirling their keys as they talk to someone..

disgruntled cop working a crappy job?
                    He's armed- thats indicator 1.

The yellow jackets are required for visibility in vehicles like the one he is driving via the city or municipality insurance policy provider.

The clown car is an electric vehicle that I THINK is made by chrysler. VERY cost effective and it can go up to 45mph or so. The size allows it to go places a patrol car cannot (i.e. the waterfront) and not impede pedestrian traffic.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up
                      I didn't notice the side arm. As for the clown car, I know the vehicle, just an observation on how a clown like him would require a clown car

Comment

Saw this on Good Morning America this morning..i was genuially surprised.. There are a TON of videos like this on youtube ....just type in Skater Vs Cop and you will get 4-5 videos...As for the cop...I'm sure that inst allowed, and heard the cop is now on temporary leave with pay.

Not enough IMO

Comment

Apparently the same cop was being a jerkoff to a guy with a video camera and it was also caught on video.

The guy had put a box on a remote control car and was filming people's reaction to the moving box.

The cop came by, kicked over the box, kicked the car and then yelled at the video taper to get out of the area.

Not sure if this link works, as my work blocks the website
                          http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=867_1203133697

Comment

The link works and it is the same guy....what an idiot...guaruntee he will be fired

Comment

Originally posted by Zantheus
                              The link works and it is the same guy....what an idiot...guaruntee he will be fired
                              Thanks for checking...

As for being fired, I'm not sure of that. Seems like its hard to be fired from jobs these days unless you are doing some sort of corporate fraud

Comment

This is only 2 people... makes me wonder how many more have been wronged by this ass.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                                  by newiron09
                                  BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                                • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                                  by newiron09
                                  Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                                Working...
                                X