Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
    Originally posted by JohnyRico
    If I turn my head to the right, lo and behold, a hardcover edition of the adventures of Juanito Rico sits on my bookshelf. If you want a better read very much along the same lines pick up "Armor" by Steakly.
    Both are excellent reads and I have read both many times. I rate books on how often I am willing to reread them.
    If you want another great military read try The Sharpe Series by Bernard Cornwell. It is set during the Napoleonic Wars and follows a British Army Officer in Portugal and Spain. Cornwell also has a new series set in England during the time of King Alfred (880's) that is good too.
    Apache
    Try out Turtledove's "Guns of the South". It's a stand alone book that gives you the feel of all of his alternate history stuff.

Comment

My first pc game was battlefront 1, which is a star wars game set in the clone wars...

Therefore since i was a star wars lover, I wanted a star wars name. And since Obi-wan "ben" Kenobi is a main character and my first name is Ben it fit. Plus it showed up all those posers who were "obi-wan kenobi" that old "ben kenobi" still haz some pep in his step....lol
      [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
      You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by BenKenobi
        Therefore since i was a star wars lover, I wanted a star wars name. And since Obi-wan "ben" Kenobi is a main character and my first name is Ben it fit. Plus it showed up all those posers who were "obi-wan kenobi" that old "ben kenobi" still haz some pep in his step....lol

Have you seen Family Guy: Blue Harvest?

It's an Episode IV spoof.

"Obi Wan Kenobi. I wonder if she means old Obi Wan Kenobi"

Comment

Brandon...Br@nFl@Kes....i hope u get the connection

Comment

I use to play D2 (diablo 2) a lot, and I love the assassin class. I always won battles and played a ton of my "magic finding" characters just to improve my assassin... boy she kicked ass.

Then I tried some other games, I had no idea what username I wanted to be, and then thedeadlyassassin just popped into my head. Used it ever since.

Comment

Lets keep this one going!
              [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

i have gone by different names in different games as i also change my username here at the forums. sooo...

it all started while playing CS and my handle was LaTinTeRRor. cause im latino and liked playing on the Terrorist side mostly for ak47

then i came over playing dod here at cains and i changed to KiLLa_187* i got that from an album from Dr.Dre. anyway i stop using that nick and i got hooked on playing Day of Defeat, i went on and changing my name to CorPoraL KiLLa, i picked it cause it was WWII game n that seen to fit well and also that no1 uses corporal that much and it also remind of that guy upham from saving private ryan. i also used it while playing BF2 and 2142 here.

then after giving up DoD and going back and playing CSS and other non-war game n need a more deadly name for player to be scared so i choose RuThLeSsKiLLa. are ya afraid?

so far i havent seen anyone else using any of my name in-game. so just in case i put a TM logo at the end my names. so ya know who the real person is.
                Last edited by AmazingRedd; 6 Apr 2008, 01:34 AM.
                Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
                  If I turn my head to the right, lo and behold, a hardcover edition of the adventures of Juanito Rico sits on my bookshelf. If you want a better read very much along the same lines pick up "Armor" by Steakly.
                  I know Apache has already mentioned this but, ARMOR(by John Steakly) IS FREAKING AWESOME.

Jack Crow FTW

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre View Post
                    Underestimation is the MOTHER of all F@#* UPS!
                    Now now mass I think you meant Assumption. BTW if anyone is interested in a list of funny quotes check out my quotes list www.faserver.x10hosting.com/quotes.txt

Comment

I used to go by a massive amount of handles, The Infamous Nacho Nazi, McDarketh, ect. But now I go by TEAMKILLER because once in COD4 I threw a grenade at a window it bounced off the frame, killed my teammate in last stand and bounced off him and hit me in the groin, exploding on impact. I had an Lolcow that day.

Comment

Ahhh well The Dennis part is my first name and the M7 came from my first gaming clan the Magnificent Seven (UT99) i have used it on every online account i have in some form or another i have also used SwampDonkey and UberPoodle

Comment

My name is Ryan
                          Last name is Butterworth, yes, like the syrup
                          My profession is ATC, Air Traffic Control
                          [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Bump!!
                            [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

I remember posting the story behind my name in the old forums. I'll tell it again... I was about to join the server (it just so happened to be Cain's Lair) and I needed to change my name from unnamed... I was listening to the radio and Midnight Rider was playing. There ya go.

The 1.3 was added about a month before I quit playing. (because Source had just come out and I was sticking to 1.3)

I play as T_N Warrior though. T_N is the little tag my friend and I use so people will know we are together.

The reason behind THAT name (Warrior) is because when I play LAN parties with my friends they just call me the warrior because I don't sit back and try to survive, I just run out there... like a WARRIOR.

n_n

Comment

Eh, I was trying to think of a new name while I was downtown, and saw two things, an add for medical school, and a stack of boxes. Any relation to this -> http://www.drboxmagnetics.com/ , is just an awesome coincidence. In fact because of that I have earned the nickname "Crackpot" because most people who know about those silly bracelets know the inventor is crazy.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                                  by newiron09
                                  BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                                • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                                  by newiron09
                                  Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                                Working...
                                X