Handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handles

Vito started something interesting in the introduce yourself section regarding DougBob's handle. Post how you came up with your handle. This should turn out quite interesting.

I guess ill go first...

Way back in the Socom days of my online gaming ventures I played under my nickname HARDKOR(ive had that nickname since I was 14) I kicked alot of ass in the US East and Canada East servers.
    One day while playing with the MBa(Making Bitches Abort)clan I went 56-7 on Frostfire using just the British IW-80.
    After the round finished the entire other team left the game battle causing us to jump to the number 2 spot on Game battles. My buddy [MBa]187 told me I just caused a major massacre, I liked the sound of it, and I created a new name, ive stuck with it ever since.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Well I came up with the name Zantheus over 10 years ago when I was highly involved in a RPG chat community on IRC, as well as real person D&D and the name jus kind of fit with the whole medival themes of D&D and the barbarian era of the role playing channel

Comment

I'm an elf. I rock hard. That's that I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisElfRocksHard
        I'm an elf. I rock hard. That's that I guess.
        LOL

Comment

eh. im not very innovative. my first handle was boring, decided to come up with something different. but i guess its still boring. so thats how i got th3st1ck

Comment

BAR.... Browning Automatic Rifle. I was a BAR whore in DoD. The other name I go under is Ackley, Which is my last name.

Comment

A song title. Not the place in Alaska like most people seem to think.

Comment

After using Gunfighter for years, it became too commonplace (it's a pretty obvious name for an FPS after all) so I needed something new. I had a Skald (a fighter/bard) in Dark Age of Camelot, and when he needed a last name, since his class was musical, I wanted something that combined the type of music I prefer while still staying true to the context. So Thrash +Dragon. Been using it ever since.
                [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
                [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

when i was a kid my dad used to call me "jethro bodine" from the hillbillies since my real name is jeffery (duh lol) my friends heard it one day and started calling me "jeffro" so there ya go, but not since we got older they just like whatsup "fro" so i'm guessing in another couple years my nickname to them will be "f" (sounds like ffffffff) since they keep on destroying my nickname lol.

Comment

Mine will be the worst case of unimaginativity ever.

My birthday is 4-13-82. I like myself immensely, so my ego said, why not use your birthdate? I like it because my lucky number has always been 13, rather than unlucky for most people. I like being different.

so basically, I picked my birthday, and put a couple of -'s around it. Sometimes, like in Battlefield 2 and on my myspace every once in a while I'll put some other weird symbols around it to make it seem more retarded.

-._^>-413-<^_.-

or something.

I fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro
                      "jethro bodine" from the hillbillies since my real name is jeffery (duh lol)

I KNEW it was something like that! I am so smrt. I mean smart.

Comment

well when i first was getting an account on aim i needed a screen name, at the time i was playing football for my highschool so i took part of the town name and added football to the end
                        min+football

but i dont mind being called mini or min or even minifootball
                        (real life i am like 6'4" so being called mini is amusing)

no i am not a minnesota fan....
                        GO BEARS

Comment

Originally posted by -413-
                          Originally posted by Jeffro
                          "jethro bodine" from the hillbillies since my real name is jeffery (duh lol)

I KNEW it was something like that! I am so smrt. I mean smart.
                          lmao +1

Comment

My first name was GunBum! Tanks games back when I was running them on DOS.

As I got older I took on DragonAndTheRose b/c I liked dragons and my girls nickname was rose.

Changed it to FieryDragon b/c I like dragons and fire but wanted it to be unique.
                            [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

My handle has evolved over the years, and still varies to this day based on what game I'm playing.

Back in the CS days (my first online game, when CS was actually new and exciting), I used Firetree. My last name is a type of tree, and I just thought fire was a cool moniker to adopt (also a nod to the burning bush from the Bible )

After playing too much CS in college, I took a break from gaming to actually study and graduate Once I had a handle on that aspect, I picked up gaming again with America's Army and then BF2. To follow the naming theme, I went with the moniker Carbontree. This had dual meaning yet again, as my gaming escapades were rising from the ashes of my previous efforts (a tree that has burned out, but still stands). Also, the area that I was living in was named Carbon Canyon, which of course meant nothing to anyone except me. I eventually deep-sixed this name because too many people kept mistaking it for "carpentry" when they heard it without seeing it written out.

Carb0nFire is a combination of the first two names....it can also mean several things based on how you interpret it:
                              • Carbon ON Fire - a bit oxymoronic because carbon is the distilled element from fire, which usually can't burn.
                              • Carb On Fire - the inner nerd in me referencing the carb, the element of energy
                              • And of course, Carbon on FIRE! - which happens when I get on a roll in 2142 or COD4

I've also gone by CarbonSnack (when playing Zombie games), CarbonVoid (when playing space games), and Lego when playing SourceForts.

Bored yet? I could go on

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                                by newiron09
                                BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                                15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                              • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                                by newiron09
                                Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                                15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                              Working...
                              X