No announcement yet.

Handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I've been a major Miles "Tails" Prower fan ever since I played my cousin's Genesis (I was around 8 years old, at the time). When I was younger, I -always- played 2nd player...didn't bother me or anything, I just did. So, whenever we played Sonic, I always played Tails.

Everyone had that "favorite character" (cartoon, video game, whatever) when growing up, and I thought, and still think, that Tails is the neatest video game character ever. When asked for a username when I first got into online gaming, I used "Tails257", as my address was 257 at the time.

Later, I wanted something more unique, so I started using "Tails_Kitsune" Kitsune meaning "fox" in Japanese, though also refers to a mythical fox. Tails is also sometimes nicknamed "Kitsune" in some of the original Japanese dialogue.

And, so that's been my handle ever since, for gaming, IMs, forums, etc. Heh, I even dress up as Tails for anime/video game conventions. Embrace your inner child.

Comment

Originally posted by Tails_Kitsune
      I even dress up as Tails for anime/video game conventions. Embrace your inner child.
      Tails_Kitsune is a closet furry?

Tails IS cool though, even moreso than Sonic IMO (who always comes off like a hot-shot prick to me)

Comment

An angry hamster is hysterical.

Imagine one holding a weapon.

Look at my avatar

Pretty much sums it up.

My other handle that I havent played since joining is Friction.
        I've always played the disrupter in battle games, so sending them some Friction was funny.

It evolved to GunFriction after I marvelled at how cool the chamber sound in a heavy machine gun was- because it usually makes people stop in their tracks and look for the sound- giving you an extra second to pop them...

Comment

15 years ago I used to go with 2 different names? animal and doughboy (from a local band, not from Pillbury heh).

In 2000, I joined the IGN community and both were taken, so it forced me to think of something new. I thought about sayings and names and the name big twinkie came to mind as I had seen the Ghostbusters movie the night before and they had the following line

Dr. Egon Spengler: I'm worried, Ray. All my readings point to something big on the horizon.
          Winston Zeddemore: What do you mean, big?
          Dr. Egon Spengler: Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's reading, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.
          Winston Zeddemore: That's a big Twinkie.

Upon hearing that line, we joked about a giant twinkie so the saying stuck in my head.

But being French, having English as a second language, I spelt the word with a Y instead of an IE. On some older forums I?m Big_Twinky or BigTwinky? but now I?m lazy so its bigtwinky.
          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

carbon canyon means something to me! when I was younger I raced bicycles and CC was a popular training ride for me. it's a lot nicer than anacrime too.

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef
              carbon canyon means something to me! when I was younger I raced bicycles and CC was a popular training ride for me. it's a lot nicer than anacrime too.
              Yup, loved those trails

It was nice up there, except of course for the daily traffic that clogged up the 1 lane narrow highway out of the OC.

Comment

I stayed on the highway carbon. I didn't mountain bike. I road raced and raced on the velodrome. also, this was in the late 70's. not near as much traffic as now. I still use that short cut if the time is right. ie: before 4:30.

Comment

Nice thread....

I love reading these.

ViTO is my first name boooooorrrrrring
                  I was originally <<~ ViTO ~>>
                  the annoying squiggly lines were actually useful in UT4 seperating me in the lists since there were so many Vito's Playing !! GO FIGURE

Keep them coming....

Ones I would love to hear about are...

Storm_Shadow
                  dirtyoldgoat
                  Ugshar
                  Dr_Zoidberg
                  aquataine

oh there are a ton more

Comment

my online story starts in 1999. I was addicted to playing UT99 assault. although I was pretty good at it. my DM skills were a bit lagging. I started training with an online friend that liked to call me dawg. something my Chicago friends had called me since the 70s. when I joined a clan called "the son's of satan" Dawgma seemed to fit. also, the first to letters of my first and last names are da and ma. btw, if you see -DxM-Dawgma on the server that's me. I don't usually change my name if I have been playing with the boys.

drunken_chef came about in bf2142 because some guy that never played a minute of the game got Dawgma before I did. my fiance and I were hosting a dinner party about the time I started playing it. the host and cook(me) got a little bit drunkie before dinner. everyone thought dinner would be ruined or I would cut a finger off(did I mention I like REALLY sharp knives). well to all of there suprise the dinner was awesome and I served it with all of my digits intact. my fiance toasted me with "here's to another fine meal from the drunken chef!" an online persona was born.

I started using {CLR}chef because I don't really like being called drunk or drunken

Comment

im your common one from a million "killer" nicknames.

I was orgininally "killer_d" as the "d" was the first letter of my last name.

The "killer" alias was becoming too common, and in time, someone took
                      my killer_d tag when new and new games came.

As my background is asian, "azn" is the internet slang for it which i found to be kinda cool. so it was time to change.

The problem was "killer_azn" and "killa_azn" where taken. so the "a" in
                      "azn" was dropped and added with the "killa" slang since it had its own "a"

the result?
                      The ultimate pwnage machine named "killa_zn" lolz

Comment

Snake has been my nickname for about 6 years now, and since playing the Battlefield games, I added the "General".

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
                          Originally posted by Tails_Kitsune
                          I even dress up as Tails for anime/video game conventions. Embrace your inner child.
                          Tails_Kitsune is a closet furry?
                          I can take a joke. Though I can assure you that is definitely not the case.

Originally posted by killa_zn
                          As my background is asian, "azn" is the internet slang for it which i found to be kinda cool.
                          For the longest time, I had no idea what "azn" meant. I didn't know you were Asian, though. Neat-o.

Comment

Trooper110 is way back from the days when I played Starcraft, not sure where it came from. Igorod that I use for MMO type games is from Diablo 2 days, where I more or less just made it up off the top of my head :P
                            [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
                            [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

My handle is the main character from the Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin anime series. Rurouni Kenshin was one of the first anime series that I saw, and it's been my absolute favorite ever since then. After Toonami quit showing the Rurouni Kenshin series in America due to religious controversy issues later in the series, I ended up buying the series to see it through to the end.

I loved Rurouni Kenshin, but Samurai X (the prologue to Rurouni Kenshin) is just amazing. The story behind the series is told extremely well and the ending is just heart-breaking. One of the greatest anime series of all times, imho.

Ever since then, I've been using Kenshin Himura has my gaming handle. It started off as Kenshin257 in BF2 because Himura was already taken, so I just slapped my address on there. After BF2, I started using Kenshin Himura. The only other handle I go by is Retribution, but that's just for graphic work... so I guess that doesn't really count.

Comment

ObiTroy - originally chose it for an AOL IM name years and years ago and use it for pretty much everything now. Some variations - ObiTroy69 (birth year) or ObiTroyKenobi.

I'm not sure why I chose it - I'm not necessarily a huge Star Wars fan but my 'computer' gaming passion came about with the original LucasArts X-Wing game a long, long time ago. I really loved all those old Star Wars games and still buy them now; but they are not as much fun as they use to be.
                                [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                                <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                                  by newiron09
                                  BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                                • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                                  by newiron09
                                  Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                                Working...
                                X