• Show
Clear All

Todd98

Todd / Real first name

98 / The year I hired out for the Union Pacific Railroad

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef
      Originally posted by JohnyRico
      My 1st online shooter was bf2142. Since it was basically a Marine game I went with the title charactor from my favorite space marine movie - Starship Troopers. That's him over in the avatar. Every once in awhile I'll see another Rico variation running around and I make it my mission to crush him. It's the only people I hunt in game.
      if you read. you should read the book. different from the vid but very good.
      Robert A Heinlein. Bounce Infantry FTW! I hated the nazi image the movie portrayed... way off Heinlein's vision for a earned citizenship.
      [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

If I turn my head to the right, lo and behold, a hardcover edition of the adventures of Juanito Rico sits on my bookshelf. If you want a better read very much along the same lines pick up "Armor" by Steakly.

Comment

Well, Goblin013 is from Goblin: my cat's name. And 13: lucky number the 0 is just an attempt at the 007 thing...

started out in Star Wars Battlefront as Goblin013
          Went to SWBF2 as Goblin013, played around with RedOctober (the movie)
          Then, BF2142 as xGoblin013x because Goblin013 was already taken.
          Been the same ever since.

Comment

If I turn my head to the right, lo and behold, a hardcover edition of the adventures of Juanito Rico sits on my bookshelf. If you want a better read very much along the same lines pick up "Armor" by Steakly.
            Both are excellent reads and I have read both many times. I rate books on how often I am willing to reread them.
            If you want another great military read try The Sharpe Series by Bernard Cornwell. It is set during the Napoleonic Wars and follows a British Army Officer in Portugal and Spain. Cornwell also has a new series set in England during the time of King Alfred (880's) that is good too.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Just thought i'd let something out of the bag here. Juneau wasn't my first choice. In fact i wanted to use my long standing forum and IRC used name, but somebody here already had it.... and it belongs to an Admin.

*Shakes an angry fist at Bliss*

Comment

Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
                  Just thought i'd let something out of the bag here. Juneau wasn't my first choice. In fact i wanted to use my long standing forum and IRC used name, but somebody here already had it.... and it belongs to an Admin.

*Shakes an angry fist at Bliss*

and he doesn't use the name now. he goes by tigershilone mostly.

Comment

Really? I didn't know Bliss was tigershilone.

http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/p...iewprofile&u=6

Comment

Two different people. Bliss is a longtime resident and admin.
                      Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
                        Both are excellent reads and I have read both many times. I rate books on how often I am willing to reread them.
                        If you want another great military read try The Sharpe Series by Bernard Cornwell. It is set during the Napoleonic Wars and follows a British Army Officer in Portugal and Spain. Cornwell also has a new series set in England during the time of King Alfred (880's) that is good too.
                        Apache
                        The Sharpe movies are really good too. Sean Bean is the man.

-Rand
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Well

As most of the older crowd around here knows or anyone that takes any actual time to talk to me knows I play basketball.
                          So when I was thinking of a name I came up with Baller because idk..slang for basketball player. Then 4life because I will always play basketball. I added the 2468 because Baller4life was taken and 2468 is my favorite number.

So basically i pulled it outta no where

Baller
                          [url=http://2142-stats.com/baller4life+stats.html][img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/baller4life_player_650.png[/img][/url]
                          [url=www.cainslair.com][img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/baller4life2468/bf2142sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Comment

Futuramas best character.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
                              Really? I didn't know Bliss was tigershilone.

http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/p...iewprofile&u=6
                              my mistake, I was thinking of someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Zoidberg
                                Futuramas best character.
                                Futurama FTW

And I think you might be right, though the professor has quite a few funny moments in there as well They're all good really (except Hermes and the kids :P)

I do find it interesting how many people pick an online persona using their actual name (or something derived from it). It probably says something about attached we are with the identity we grow up with.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                                  by newiron09
                                  BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                                • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                                  by newiron09
                                  Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                                Working...
                                X