• Show
Clear All

The condensed 1980's version:

1) Stone washed jeans

2) Parachute pants with oodles of zippers

3) Culture Club/Hall and Oates/Duran Duran

4) Dukes of Hazzard and A-Team

5) BIG HAIR !!!!!!!

OMG, I'm getting flashbacks of those days, ... some were OK, some were horrid ... but rest assured they hopefully will not return. Geez, next you know they will make a Duke Boys movie and a Knight Rider TV series rehash !!

Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

1991 here..

you forgot LEGOs!!!!! how could you!

Comment

Legos are timeless. They are celebrating their 50th year this year in fact. The special set they have offered is AWESOME. I do want it, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet since it costs $150 or so.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Being born in 82 I wouldn't consider myself a 90's kid, unless teenage years are considered "kid"

But I remember a lot of that stuff. I cracked up on a lot thinking "yep that was me".

I remember getting my Super Nintendo and destroying floating boxes in star fox games. But I loved the Ninja Turtles, I remember wanting to fight all the time with a ninja bandana thingy.

Comment

EVERYTHING, except tamagotchi or stick on eye things and carebears and pony... lol
            You forgot always wantin to see the real pokemon center.... lol
            Which I got to see at age 6

Comment

OMG am I that old?

cool list!

Comment

87 here. I love reading those lists, many good memories! I miss Rocco.
                [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Mobojo/Sigs/Sig2.jpg[/img]

Comment

I was hammered in the 90's.

In fact I spent the 90's face down somewhere- either in a gutter or in a place you need to use your imagination for.

What I remember of the 90's is an explosion of live band culture- Two dollar tuesday no covers, Metal Wed, Grunge Thur, and Friday Free For Alls at just about every chic bar in every major city I was in.

I am disconnected from the Television culture- in fact I cant name a single sitcom for the 90's outside of Seinfeld and Friends- and I can polygraph seeing less than 10 episodes of each, and I know nothing of the shows save for maybe main characters.

My deal was working my butt off so that I would have money to put in my gas tank to head out to the hunting grounds and take down some hot gazelles while groovin to my favorite live bands.

It was like Rock n Roll was alive again- and it was a modern version of late 1960s to mid 1970s- pre discoe when rock was rock and everything else was something you used against your friends and ex girlfriends....

The 1990's were good to me- not so good to many others.
                  It brought a new infusion of drug use, heroin addiction- which of course fueled interest in cheaper and alternative drugs- bringing meth to the forefront......

I was above all that- and a good microbrew and a handfull of a hot gal's tush was all I needed to be happy after 8 hours at the Communications Company I was working for.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                    by newiron09
                    BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                    15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                  • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                    by newiron09
                    Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                    15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                  Working...
                  X