Does your parents still do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your parents still do this?

I'm 26 years old (on Thursday) and my mom still buys me these chocolate bunny rabbits. I'm not complaining, they're good as hell, but kind of not my age hehe.

Anyone else still have their parents do this?

PS: Happy Easter everyone! I just ate a lot, I have a feeling I'll be finishing more of my book in the bathroom if you know what I mean

My mom still makes baskets for my brother and I, usually end up with a few books and some other random stuff. Since I moved out last August, I ended up with a bunch of cooking stuff and food this year. And there's always the candy thrown in as well :P

Learn not to complain.......if you're getting free stuff out of it, it's all good

Edit: I'm 25 and my brother is just about 23 :P
    Last edited by Trooper110; 24 Mar 2008, 12:26 PM.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Happy easter!
      I got a good dinner and some crazy chocolate egg. My aunt said she got us peanutbutter eggs, and I thought it was just some cadberry thing. But it is this crazy custom made thing, it has my name on it in frosting.

Comment

Trust me friends, if you are getting tired of it don't. I don't care how old you are, enjoy it while you have them, your parents, mother in particular. They're not going to be here forever.
        My dad passed away a couple years ago and it's all I can do not to occupy my every minute of the day with thoughts of what if I don't make it back home in time. I live 1800 miles away from her and can't afford to move the family and I home and can't win the lottery. If I were home I would allow her to bug me all she wanted.
        Trust me, they're not going to be here forever and if it gives her joy and you get a bonus of something you like out of it, let her do it and love every minute of it.
        [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
        Like the community? Donate here:
        [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Yep me too deadly I'm nineteen and my brothers are 26 and 29 and she does it for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by DougBob View Post
            Trust me friends, if you are getting tired of it don't. I don't care how old you are, enjoy it while you have them, your parents, mother in particular. They're not going to be here forever.
            My dad passed away a couple years ago and it's all I can do not to occupy my every minute of the day with thoughts of what if I don't make it back home in time. I live 1800 miles away from her and can't afford to move the family and I home and can't win the lottery. If I were home I would allow her to bug me all she wanted.
            Trust me, they're not going to be here forever and if it gives her joy and you get a bonus of something you like out of it, let her do it and love every minute of it.
            +1 Million

I am 36, and just in the last year or so did I look at my folks and think, "They're old." It's a really hard thing to come to terms with...the fact that your parents are "old". It makes you realize that they won't always be there. The first time you realize that...that's a hard freaking thing to deal with when you finally realize that one day you won't be able to call Mom and ask her how to cook something correctly, or call Dad to ask him why your lawnmower is making that weird sound.

Love them, and apologize for every stupid/hateful thing you did as a kid. It'll be worth it. No matter how old you get, they're still wiser than you are, and they know how to forgive.
            [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
            [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Oh believe me, I love my mother. I love my dad as well, but can't stand him. I'm so glad I didn't turn out like him *lol*

But good point, I seemed to have wanted to just forever get away from my mother when I first moved out, but soon after I realized I missed having her buy me taco bell, root beer, and all the good foods. Now if I want Taco Bell, Root Beer, or whatever I gotta work instead of beg

I just find it cool how my mom still buys me little kiddy chocolate bunnies. Can't complain at all, infact I'm glad she did it, shows she's still thinking about me. And it was a better dessert than that cake that tastes like a bunch of lard out of a cows ass. Damn that was disgusting lol.

Comment

Very well said.

This August is the 5th anniversary of my mom's passing. She died suddenly in a car accident at age 59. My dad has Parkinson's with pretty bad dementia, making him a handful on a good day. My parents aren't the same, my family isn't the same.

Enjoy what you have for as long as you have it. Cherish every day, every moment and never ever forget to tell them how much you love them.
                [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

I got an easter egg too. Your never too old for chocolate no matter what form it comes in.

Comment

crap! i shoulda took a pic of the one my mom got me and my fiance! she got us a huge basket full of goodies i'm sitting at my desk eating the slim jims she had in the basket right now haha. oh and just for the record that we keeping with age and mom's still doing stuff i'm about to be 24 and i love every minute of my parents still wanting to spoil me. its kinda funny how when in middle school and highschool your embarressed of your parents but now like for a family get together the other day me and kelly were talking about going out to a bar or something after and my mom said something and i'm like "dude you gotta come!" i enjoy my cajun coon ass family

Comment

My mom once got me this huge Hershey Kiss chocolate. This thing was the size of a softball, if not bigger, and was totally solid. No hollow chocolates here. I don't think I ever finished it hehe

I did give it a good go though
                      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Mrs ViTO still slices BranFlakes dinner up !! and he is almost 14.

I can only imagine.....when he is over 20..... the things she will still be doing that will embarrass him.

It's what MoM's do...... " It's their job. " and its pretty much unconditional

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                          I got an easter egg too. Your never too old for chocolate no matter what form it comes in.
                          Yup yup! I got a Bunny-shaped package with a bunch of chocolates in it, and I didn't think twice about shouting, "Goodie! Chocolate!"

I have not lost my parents, but moving away from them made me realize how much I appreciated them and loved them. I think my mom called seven times during my first class to "make sure I was alright" though by the time I was able to return her call, she was getting ready to phone in the SWAT to come looking for me. I still call them all the time to just chat or get advice (Halp! My pancakes are hard and crispy. Why do they suck so bad?). So many people I talk to say they're glad to be in college and away from their parents, but honestly, if I could have it my way, I'd like to be attending a college real close to home and enjoying more time with family than what I'm able to.

Comment

Man, now I miss my parents.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSnake View Post
                              Man, now I miss my parents.
                              Have a big CL hug.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                                by newiron09
                                BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                                15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                              • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                                by newiron09
                                Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                                15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                              Working...
                              X