Rock Band vs Guitar Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock Band vs Guitar Hero

I played both, infact I know a guy that created some of the Guitars on Guitar Hero 3 (his name is Phil, don't know his last name, he's a friend of my old man's)

I recently played rockband.

Sure, the drums and Karokee are cool, but the Guitar is CRAP. It's hard, the buttons are harder to push, and it's harder to get the note exactly. The Drums... REALLY hard, even on easy. You have to have good muscles in your legs to do this (I don't run much, so that could be my own problem). Oh, and when you hit the drums, the physical banging sound overpowers the sound of the game, so you hear the whole time, basically doesn't matter what song you choose if you don't have someone singing.

And the singing part, I'd stick with a Kareokee (sp) machine rather than this.

It's a fun group activity, but I'd go with Guitar Hero 3 if you want to do that stuff.

Anyone else have a different opinion or anything?

I don't like the guitar that comes w/ Rock Band but my yro loves it. But when I play Rock Band, I hook up the extra guitar that we had bought to go along w/ Guitar Hero 3.

Rock Band is a ton of fun and so is Guitar Hero.. I can't complain about neither.

If anyone wants a fun Kareokee, I highly recommend the Sing Star. We've got Sing Star Pop and Amp and have fun playing both.

We had got Guitar Hero 3 for X-mas for the kids but only out of could play. We then moved onto the Rock Band. Singing was the only thing they could do.. So we bought the Sing Star.
    So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
    A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

I've got both and prefer GH3 over Rock Band just for the music selection. I mean come on, it's got Heroes del Silencio! For me solo playing on GH3 is more fun than Rock Band. Rock Band cant be beat for group fun though. Four people playing at the same time mixed with a little spirits equals big fun. A little tip for the Drum pedal in Rock Band, keep your foot down on the pedal and do an up down motion on the bass beats. Don't hover over the pedal and do down up it or you will fatigue quickly.
      Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

I have Guitar Hero I, II, 80s, III, and Rock Band. The PS2 SG, 360 Xplorer, 360 Les Paul, 360 Stratocaster. It's a veritable cornucopia of plastic instruments, and as I play them all on Expert (well except for the RB drums, I'm stuck on Hard there), I am a Fake Rock God.

Personally, I find that the Rock Band Stratocaster is much better than the GHIII Les Paul. It's considerably larger, feels less like a toy, and hangs better on the body. Also, it's frets always work (something the detachable neck of the Les Paul causes problems with), although to be fair, my first Strat broke and had to be replaced. The larger size of the Strat did take some getting used to after using several different GH guitars. The reason it's "harder to get the note exactly" is because the timing is much tighter and more realistic in Rock Band...its not the guitar it's the game. GHIII's timing is so loose that (for example) in the fast runs early on in Raining Blood on Expert I can completely ignore the timing and just go back and forth on the frets as fast as possible, and 100% it.

The note charts in Rock Band have a much better flow to them...it feels like playing music, unlike Guitar Hero III, which at times feels like playing Dance Dance Revolution on a guitar-shaped dance mat. I hate to slam a series that has given me so much entertainment, but Guitar Hero was a much better game before Activision bought it and turned development over to Neversoft. For those who don't know, the guys behind Rock Band (Harmonix), created every Guitar Hero game except Guitar Hero III.

I also prefer Rock Band for music selection. They offer at least three new songs every Tuesday for download, and while Guitar Hero III shipped with what IMHO was a better selection of songs, Rock Band's DLC has long surpassed it. Yesterday I downloaded a six pack of Boston songs (Boston FTW!)...last week three thrash metal songs, the week before some Grateful Dead. Great variety and something for everyone.

Since getting Rock Band, the only time I've turned Guitar Hero on was to download and play the Halo theme and We Three Kings, and only because they were free downloads. Activision is killing the series...GHIII had the most obnoxious product placement ever seen in a video game, the next one is "Guitar Hero: Aerosmith" (don't get me wrong, Aerosmith is okay, but I don't like anyone enough to buy a game full of nothing but one band's music), and they've recently created this monstrosity.

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
        [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

I agree almost completely with thrashdragon.

Comment

Gibson Guitar has decided to sue everything that moves which may sound or look like one of their guitars.

I find it amusing and fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by AngryHamster View Post
              Gibson Guitar has decided to sue everything that moves which may sound or look like one of their guitars.

I find it amusing and fascinating.
              It's a silly lawsuit, they're grasping at straws since Activision told them they would no longer be licensing Gibson guitars for Guitar Hero. The patent they claim was violated is nothing like the GH/RB/GF games. What I find really amusing is that they've not only sued Activision, Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA, but also every retailer that carries the games.

From some of the backlash I've seen over this, apparently Gibson has a pretty bad name in the music industry these days. Not for the quality of their guitars, but for their customer service and the rather ridiculous price they assign to a lot of Gibson models. Neither of my guitars are a Gibson, so I wouldn't know, but this lawsuit certainly seems indicative of a company that is out of touch with reality.
              [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
              [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,829   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                by newiron09
                BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
              • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                by newiron09
                Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
              Working...
              X