Life Is Going Too Fast For Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life Is Going Too Fast For Me

God I look back at my life and wonder were the time went! I have been married 22 years one child and my body is breaking down in a few areas. It seems like everything was yesterday,Its not the same any more and I guess I miss certain things.

I will turn 45 in 4 months, Older than than some but not as many. Life is too fast going for me I love just the simple things in life, I miss the piney woods were I lived for so long ( The Country ) were there is no fighting traffic, no fast pace life, rude people, etc. But I know I cannot go back on account of my job.

I lived in Houston for two months and thats all it took for me too say there is no way I want too live here much less raise a family here ( nothing against Houston, Tx., God Bless The Houston Oilers My Favorite Football Team Were Ever You Are ) It was not for me, I guess I am too country. I talked with Major Massacre one day about visiting us and that they are welcome in my house and he saw on Google Earth the area were I lived and could not believe that it was heavly forested as it was, Although my house was in city limits.

I love sitting out on my patio and watch the sunset or watch and listening too the rain, feed the birds and the squirrels and watch them go at it. I guess I long for things that some folks don't care about or do not take in account. My daughter is growing up to fast and I know she will leave the nest soon but she will always be my little girl. ( Very Proud Of Her )

I tell you growing old s$#! ( But I have no regrets in life!!) I just wish it would slow down some for me as it is all changing too fast. There is got too be someone else out there that feels the same way? Any way thats my 2 cents worth!

I feel for ya man, turned into a teenager to fast. And don't forget to bring a towel!

Comment

45? Man that IS old!

I turn 40 in June and I know what you mean about time flying by. Maybe try a new hobby or something like that.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

It does not get any slower as you age either.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

A good reminder to take the time to enjoy life as it goes by, because when you blink, its over. When say things can take a lifetime to get done, but the more people you speak to, the more you realise a lifetime really isnt that long
          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
            It does not get any slower as you age either.
            Apache
            apache, how sentimental is it for you looking to your past around 150 years ago?

Comment

Todd,

I hear you and I can relate (47).......Life truly is challenging on a daily basis, with sprinkles of intense joy and happiness from time to time. The key is to enjoy those brief moments as much as possible.

and just remember, you are only old if you feel old. Just ask Apache.

Comment

Agree with you on the city living :P Only 25 here, but it seems as I get older, the years seem to fly by faster every year. And are we saying that Apache feels old BlackArrow?....cause I had the impression that he may be like 300 years old (off by a few years Jeffro), but still runs around like a 5 year old on steroids with a sugar high
                [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
                [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Boy Apache they don't cut you much slack do they.

Comment

I feel for ya todd. but 44 is still very young! City life is not for me either. They say 50 is the new 40. I think you need to go buy yourself a sportscar or better yet a monster truck to deal with all those traffic issues! lol. Hopefully soon me and my family can come visit you. I'm looking forward to relaxing on your porch drinking many, many, many cold ones and hurling nuts at squirrels! I hope customs doesnt give me a problem for bring a couple of cuban's (cigar's not people you jackasses)with me.
                    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

I'll give you a shout later today. Ive got 8 hours of cooking ahead of me today, im making my kickass chili. 9 lbs of ground beef and 5 lbs of chicken in it should last roughly about 2 weeks, 3 days if my friends find out.
                      [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper110 View Post
                        Agree with you on the city living :P Only 25 here, but it seems as I get older, the years seem to fly by faster every year. And are we saying that Apache feels old BlackArrow?....cause I had the impression that he may be like 300 years old (off by a few years Jeffro), but still runs around like a 5 year old on steroids with a sugar high
                        Wasn't Apache here when Columbus landed? I thought he was one of the first to welcome him...
                        [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                        So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Buuuurrrrnnnn!!!!

Comment

Duke, I turn 40 in June as well. We should plan a 40+ LAN party !!! Todd, you sound like me about 4-5 years in the future. I'm watching each day go buy, wondering where the time went.
                            I lived in the woods back in the late '90s, and we'd have 7 squirrels running around on the back deck of the house, and I had time to just sit there and watch the trees swaying through the sunroof .. relaxing to watch clouds go by.
                            But now with two young'uns and plenty of housework (I spent 5 hours outside yesterday trimming, mowing, digging, raking, washing and chopping) I've got to find some down time after everyones gone to bed.
                            Anyhoo, its funny that we have disposable income and time as teens, who can't appreciate it at that time of their lives, but when we get older we don't have either, when we really CAN appreciate it !
                            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Amen! I turn 50 this year. So that means it's time for all sorts poking and prodding that I am not looking forward to.
                              A change of Pace.
                              "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,817   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

Working...
                              X