No announcement yet.

Life Is Going Too Fast For Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pace, you haven't lived until you've undergone a colonoscopy !! My wife LoL'd when I left the hospital from that one, hugging the nurse on my way out the door like some cheap John that was just 'serviced' by a lady of the street.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

This conversation is surreal for me on several levels, but I am having the same problem todya.

I got offered a job, I accepted it, and now I am looking down the barrel of a significant pay increase.

Suddenly:

1) We can live anywhere we want.

2) I can afford to buy anything in Best Buy without thinking about the damage my savings and cash flow will take.

3) Because I can live anywhere I want in the US, my kids can now go to any school I can afford.

4) I cannot believe that 7 years ago I was graduating from College this month
      5) I cannot believe that my son is already 5 years and a bit old.

6) My almost three year has been talking since 1.5 years old-, walking since 9 months, and I cannot believe he is 3 this month....

7) If you had asked me what I would be doing today 5 years ago- I would have been lost for words....today- I am lost for words because in the end I got WAY more than I would have expected......

I'm in a perpetual WTF- holy S mode right now....glazed eyes....I cannot believe how far I have come since the days of perpetual parties.....

Comment

I also know how you feel even though im only 20. It seems like these past 2 years I have been in college have flown, especially this past semister. I miss the days where summer vacation ment a 3 month long vacation. Of coming home at 3 and just watching tv or hanging out with friends for hours on end and not having to worry about catching up because of those lost hours. I know I still have a ways to go, but its still going by too quick.
        [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Mobojo/Sigs/Sig2.jpg[/img]

Comment

Well, I feel young
          It rocks Life is at an extremely fast pace and is real frantic for me, but I've lived with it for 14 years so it doesnt seem bad
          Last edited by {CLR} Naillik; 5 May 2008, 04:01 PM. Reason: an oops

Comment

WOW! I see that young and old have the same feelings. I really did not think I would get the response that I thought I would but its nice too see all who have responded look at life knowing that its short and want too make the best of it

Thank You all for being great freinds and gaming buddies.
            Last edited by Todd98; 6 May 2008, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Ya I'm 16 and I don't wanna grow up lol. Basically I don't want things to change. But thats how everyone is. If we're comfortable with where we're at, there's no need to change, and therefore we avoid it.
              [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
              You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

OMG, you guys are killing me. I know exactly what everyone means, especially you Todd. Man, I left home at age 24 and spent 12 years in the military. Got out in 98 and I've been spending every waking moment missing home so bad. Now I'm 46!

Every time I go home the old saying you can never go back rings in my head like a freaking air horn. I am so home sick and just know I'm going to go thru the same thing with my Mom I did with my Dad. He died a few years back and I've worked my way into such a hole I can't figure out how to get home.

Every time I go home and visit a pig picking or some kind of social get together I see the same guys I grew up with, but it's like I'm not the same person and they are. Like I'll never be accepted into the group again. It's such a lonely and fracking frustrating place to be and the longing is such a killer in the gutt. I can't get it out of my freaking mind for one second of the day. I'm dreaming of the crap.

Probably the most frustrating part is I'm in a better financial position than anyone I know back home, making more money than I ever dreamed, but it's not freaking enough. Maybe some day I'll win the damn lottery, but I know if that ever happened my Mom wouldn't be there for me to spend it all on.
                I'm dying here guys, it feels like I'm sitting in the chair all the time watching the rest of my life go by and can't do a damn thing about it.
                Then the heart attack happened, wow that will put a chink in your freaking armor of never getting sick and always happy.

Sorry didn't mean to go this far, but oh well.
                Last edited by DougBob; 6 May 2008, 12:06 AM.
                [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                Like the community? Donate here:
                [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by DougBob View Post
                  OMG, you guys are killing me. I know exactly what everyone means, especially you Todd. Man, I left home at age 24 and spent 12 years in the military. Got out in 98 and I've been spending every waking moment missing home so bad. Now I'm 46!

Every time I go home the old saying you can never go back rings in my head like a freaking air horn. I am so home sick and just know I'm going to go thru the same thing with my Mom I did with my Dad. He died a few years back and I've worked my way into such a hole I can't figure out how to get home.

Every time I go home and visit a pig picking or some kind of social get together I see the same guys I grew up with, but it's like I'm not the same person and they are. Like I'll never be accepted into the group again. It's such a lonely and fracking frustrating place to be and the longing is such a killer in the gutt. I can't get it out of my freaking mind for one second of the day. I'm dreaming of the crap.

Probably the most frustrating part is I'm in a better financial position than anyone I know back home, making more money than I ever dreamed, but it's not freaking enough. Maybe some day I'll win the damn lottery, but I know if that ever happened my Mom wouldn't be there for me to spend it all on.
                  I'm dying here guys, it feels like I'm sitting in the chair all the time watching the rest of my life go by and can't do a damn thing about it.
                  Then the heart attack happened, wow that will put a chink in your freaking armor of never getting sick and always happy.

Sorry didn't mean to go this far, but oh well.

You feel when you go back home and being around your friends that time stood still for them and that they and all that you knew back home has never changed but you, I get that feeling everytime I get back home for a visit.

But now things have started to change and coming from a small town when you go back home for a visit you would always run into people you know and would just visit with them real quick like out in a super market parking lot or a restaurant things of that nature. But now when I get home at times that small town is grown up to a medium size city and you don't run into those friends like you used too and you see folks you don't even know.

Areas that were woods has a shopping mall, movie theaters , Sam's Club , Super Wal Mart, and the list goes on. Makes you feel out of place when you see progress happen at that pace taking out those familiar ares that you used too know.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre View Post
                    I feel for ya todd. but 44 is still very young! City life is not for me either. They say 50 is the new 40. I think you need to go buy yourself a sportscar or better yet a monster truck to deal with all those traffic issues! lol. Hopefully soon me and my family can come visit you. I'm looking forward to relaxing on your porch drinking many, many, many cold ones and hurling nuts at squirrels! I hope customs doesnt give me a problem for bring a couple of cuban's (cigar's not people you jackasses)with me.

That sounds good too me!

Comment

I'm turning 36 and I feel 25. I don't dwell on the things I may have missed. I haven't missed much. The main thing that I wish I could slow down and even rewind are the years with my kids. They do grow up fast. I have 3 kids my youngest boy being 20 months old, then 6 and my daughter is 9.
                      Everything in the past seems to have gone along as slowly as I'd like until I think about the kids. Kids are definitely a gauge in time relativity to compare your past to. As young as they are, I miss them already and think about them every single day at work and all the time in between.

Nothing really prepares you for the next moment in life because anything can happen to dramatically affect the rest of your life as you know it. Live it up... and like they say "you can't take it with you when you go".

Comment

Just turned 49... I'm with ya Todd.

Do I wish that i spent more time with the family instead of working 2 jobs?
                        Sleep Depravation, working 2nd job on VACATION, doing without to pay the
                        bills.

Yes, I have some regrets. I grew up in the country, farming/ranching/hunting/fishing...
                        I haven't done any of those things in years. no time..

Coporate world, Go Go Go, and letting my wife talk us into keeping up with the Jones'es.
                        Only She is keeping up with them, and I'm not home to enjoy them. lol

So yes, I'd do some things differently. Smell more flowers, play more, actually TAKE
                        vacations away from it all.
                        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE View Post
                          Everything in the past seems to have gone along as slowly as I'd like until I think about the kids. Kids are definitely a gauge in time relativity to compare your past to. As young as they are, I miss them already and think about them every single day at work and all the time in between.

Nothing really prepares you for the next moment in life because anything can happen to dramatically affect the rest of your life as you know it. Live it up... and like they say "you can't take it with you when you go".
                          Amen brother. Mine just came to me yesterday and said she's ready to join the military. I was happy to hear it and yet fighting the feelings of not wanting her to go. If I could go back I would spend more time with her instead of the job.
                          [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                          Like the community? Donate here:
                          [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

I'm still in high school and realize that there is just a big stretch of "living" that I'm gonna eventually go through. Its kind of depressing for me to say that, but Ill just look forward to try and enjoy it.

Time is evil I tell ya! Just Look at apache!!

Comment

And I do want time to pass fast at this moment of my life. I guess it is all very relative.
                              K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                              sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

So much to do, so little time. I'm not in my 40s yet but I can relate to time sneaking up on you. I have been married five years now and I can remember my wedding day like it was last week.

I am a rare breed in that I was born in the big city, and love the big city (Chicago) but I also love the country. I lived in FL for 14 years in the burbs and now I am living in the mountains in Tennessee. Eventually I'll make it back to a large metro area but for now my wife and I are happy.

I think the easiest way to "slow down" time is to take pleasure in the simple day to day things. For instance I drink coffee every morning out on my front porch, read the news and watch the sun come up. I love doing this. It's quiet and I can collect my thoughts before the day starts.

-Paul

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,829   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                                  by newiron09
                                  BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                                • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                                  by newiron09
                                  Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                                  15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                                Working...
                                X