Any members from S. Korea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any members from S. Korea?

I was just wondering If we had any members from S. Korea. My wife and I are going to Seoul, S. Korea mid June for a couple of days to get our daughter we've adopted.

Any do's and ecspecially "DON'TS" would be appreciated.

I wish I had more time to visit the "Gadget Holy Land of the world" part but time it short. I'll see what I can do, got to get something.
    Last edited by pigworthy; 3 Jun 2008, 09:20 AM.
    I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

i'll see what the guys at my shop have said about korea. There are a few that have been stationed there for about a year or so.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I think when they're in Korea they usually are at the juicey bars instead of playing games.
      [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
      Like the community? Donate here:
      [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Im from indonesia. Im a chinese indonesian to be specific ^^
        well its not korea, but if u wanna know general do's and dont's in asia, maybe i can help?
        do u have like any specific questions?

Comment

Thanks for the replys everyone. I don't really have any specific question. I've been on several mission trips and know the biggest thing is to always stay humble and act like a guest, which we are. I've seen too many US citizens act like they own the place when they are overseas, no wonder we get a bad reputation.

Evilization - Welcome to the forums by the way. This is a great place to hang out. People who love to game and have community.
          I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

It's been awhile

I agree, always act like a guest. It has been along time since I've been there, but if its one thing I remember is dont point at anyone! I forget the exact reason, seiko should clarify if im right soon, but that one fact due to its oddness has stuck in my mind. If i remember correctly, also dont tap anyone in the shoulder (I may have my facts crossed, idk if this was korea). Stay away from the DMZ, and dont mess with any military guards, they are ALL Tae Kwon Do blackbelts.

While you are there, enjoy their food! They have some interesting dishes. And remember, starcraft is a daily TV broadcast.

Comment

I spent a year living in Uijongbu about 30 miles outside of Seoul. The subway is great transportation while you are there. Make sure you visit Kyongbuk Palace and a Buddhist temple while you are there. Eat real Kimchi, drink a bottle of Soju and skip the Kagogi.

The people were always friendly to me, the countryside is beautiful and Chedju-do island is just like Hawaii. I had a great time and was quite happy there. I will warn you though, as soon as you get off of the plane, the smell will hit you. The whole country smells of Kimchi and fertilizer. You'll see

Comment

i lived in south korea in a town called Song-Tan for a year and had a great time like Needle said Chedju-do is really nice and latte-world is an indoor amusement park its kinda cool

Comment

DON'T eat cat.

lol jk

Comment

Originally posted by killa_zn View Post
                    DON'T eat cat.

lol jk
                    Why? I volunteered to eat dog there. It actually wasnt that bad...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,184   Posts: 269,831   Members: 6,182   Active Members: 5
                    Welcome to our newest member, newiron09.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to BF4 new easter egg.. need to know moriss code
                      by newiron09
                      BTW on iOS use "Light Conversation", its an app from an artist...he spreaded it for light arrangements(stories in lights) in a city...propably...
                      15 Sep 2024, 09:24 AM
                    • Reply to Otterbox is 10 years old
                      by newiron09
                      Having tried many cases I've given up on expensive ones. Not convinced they are significantly better than an inexpensive gel case for 1/10 the money....
                      15 Sep 2024, 09:20 AM
                    Working...
                    X